MSNBC Host Shocked to Hear Romney Surrogate Call Obama ‘Lazy’ and ‘Detached’, Asks Him if He Wants to ‘Take It Back’
Former New Hampshire Gov. and Mitt Romney surrogate John Sununu left MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell shocked on Thursday after he told the host that President Barack Obama’s debate performance on Wednesday revealed how “lazy and detached” he is as president.
“What people saw last night, I think, was a president who revealed his incompetence — how lazy and detached he is and how he has absolutely no idea how serious the economy problems of the country are and how he has failed to even begin address them,” Sununu said.
He went on: “And I think even the liberal press reacted with shock at this revelation and I find it fascinating now this morning after they’ve slept, watching them all scrambling around to clean up the mess the president left on the floor last night. Sununu said Romney on the other hand brought “specifics” to the debate not “bumper sticker numbers” like Obama.
Mitchell was visibly taken aback by his comments and quickly offered Sununu the chance to take his remarks “back.”
“Governor, I want to give you a chance to maybe take it back. Did you really mean to call Barack Obama, the President of the United States, lazy?” she asked.
“Yes,” Sununu replied bluntly, adding “He said ‘they are making me do this work.’ He didn’t want to prepare for this debate. He is lazy and disengaged.”
Mitchell admitted that “a lot of people are questioning” whether Obama did well in the debate, but said “I think to call the president lazy and disengaged is another whole question.”
“Alright, Andrea. Whatever,” Sununu said, chuckling to himself.
Watch the entire segment via MSNBC below:
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,041 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 440 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 313 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 254 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance Read More
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 167 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 116 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 103 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 137 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Conn. rail service returns to normal
- Mortar lands in Congo as UN chief arrives
- North Korean leader sends special envoy to China
- Republican divisions may hinder party's momentum
- Life-saving face transplant performed in Poland
- Vatican releases 1st report of financial watchdog
- Mais non! French universities may teach in English
- 7 Egyptian security men kidnapped in Sinai freed