Van Jones: ‘Romney Was Able to Out-Obama Obama’ in Debate
If President Barack Obama was somehow holding onto one last shred of hope that he came out on top after Wednesday night’s debate, his former green jobs czar Van Jones put the issue to bed, saying “Romney was able to out-Obama Obama.”
Jones, who is as pro-Obama as it gets, said on CNN that the president seemed unprepared for the debate against Romney.
“I think he took Romney too lightly. I think he did not expect Romney to be able to throw that kind of heat,” he said.
Jones added: “Romney was able to ‘out-Obama’ Obama. On the connection piece, on the authenticity piece, on the being able to tell the story.”
Jones also criticized the Obama campaign for its laid back “town hall” debate strategy, which set the president up for “failure.”
To be sure, Jones’s position is not different from hardly any other political pundit on either side of the isle. A CNN poll found that only 25 percent of registered voters thought Obama won the debate while 67 percent said Romney outdid the president.
To watch the clip, click here.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 469 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 442 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 356 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 328 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 266 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ Read More
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 174 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 142 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 106 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 101 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Weak yen a help for Japan, but headache elsewhere
- One block: How neighbors saw twister's deadly path
- Officials: Suspect lunged at FBI agent with knife
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- Judge: Hollister clothing unfriendly to disabled
- Bahrain opposition group snubs crisis talks
- Officials: Man lunged at FBI agent with knife while being questioned about Boston bombings
- AP Source: Coach K returning to US men's team