‘Free Gaza Movement’ Sends Shock Tweet Blaming ‘Zionists’ for Carrying Out the Nazi Holocaust
The Free Gaza Movement, a pro-Palestinian group known for its sponsorship of flotillas to Gaza including the famous sail in May 2010 that ended in a violent confrontation with IDF soldiers, sent out a shocking tweet from its official Twitter account blaming “Zionists” for running concentration camps and murdering Jews during the Nazi Holocaust.
This is the tweet that was sent out September 30 along with a link to an anti-Semitic video including the outlandish charge that Jews orchestrated the Holocaust:
Though the message was deleted, it was exposed the next day by Avi Mayer who heads social media for the Jewish Agency for Israel and responded with this tweet:
The Free Gaza Movement, and its founder Greta Berlin, quickly went into damage-control mode, publishing statements backing away from the tweet. The National Post reports:
Within hours, the American founder of the movement, Greta Berlin, tweeted that she had intended only to publish the link to her private Facebook account, but it was accidentally redirected to the Free Gaza Twitter feed.
“I shared it without watching it. I am sorry that I just sent it forward without looking at it. It won’t happen again,” read a tweet from the Free Gaza Movement account, posted Wednesday afternoon.
Free Gaza Movement’s website on Thursday had this:
This TWEET did not come from Free Gaza, and does not represent FG’s position in any way whatsoever; in fact we condemn its content. It came from Greta’s private Facebook page and was shared with a group of people who were discussing propaganda and racism, and this link was an example of the terrible propaganda that could be spewed on websites. For some reason, Facebook connected our Free Gaza account to her personal Facebook account, and the link was posted.
This is not the first charge of anti-Semitism leveled against the Free Gaza group. National Post documents the self-professed humanitarian organization’s previous associations with racism:
The Free Gaza Twitter feed has lately referred to Israeli prime minister [Benjamin Netanyahu] as “a complete lunatic,” promoted the view that a two-state solution for Israel and the Palestinians is equivalent to “racism,” and defended Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad against charges of anti-Semitism.
As the tweet blaming Zionist Jews for orchestrating the Holocaust spread, U.S. blogger Adam Holland came upon a cached Free Gaza tweet from September 21 which linked to Im Wald von Katyn, a 1943 Nazi propaganda film.
Avi Mayer, who first exposed the story, discovered that the man speaking in the video that Greta Berlin linked to in the Free Gaza Movement’s tweet is the late anti-Semitic conspiracy theorist Eustace Mullins. On his blog, Mayer transcribed parts of the video which included these repulsive statements:
• That “the ‘Na’ of National Socialism joined with the Zionist Party, the World Zionist Party, in 1923, and ever after was known as the Nazis, N-A-Z-I. The ‘zi’ was for ‘Zionists.’”
• That Adolf Hitler allied himself with the Zionists and that “the mission of the Nazis was to force the anti-Zionist Jews to accept Zionism. And this is what the concentration camps were about.”
• That “the concentration camps were run by the Zionist Jews in order to punish and get rid of the anti-Zionist Jews, which they did.”
• That “in fact some Jews themselves even claim that there should be a statue to Adolf Hitler in Israel because he created the State of Israel.”
Mayer details some of Mullins’ past virulently anti-Semitic statements including this one: “This religious ceremony of drinking the blood of an innocent gentile child is basic to the Jew’s entire concept of his existence as a parasite, living off of the blood of the host.”
According to its website, the Free Gaza Movement’s endorsers include Code Pink, Cindy Sheehan, South African Archbishop Desmond Tutu, and even the pro-Palestinian Israeli organizations Yesh Gvul and Zochrot. Question now is: are they going to continue to stand quietly as endorsers, or raise their voices against this demonstration of racism – intentional or not?
The Free Gaza Movement is not a tax deductible charity under IRS code 501(c)3, and its website refers potential donors to write checks to the American Educational Trust, publisher of the Washington Report on Middle East Affairs, an anti-Israel publication. Free Gaza Movement calls that group its “fiscal sponsor in the United States” which accepts tax-deductible donations on the controversial group’s behalf.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 441 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 422 Comments
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 404 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 320 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 266 Comments
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 162 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 134 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 125 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 242 Comments
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 264 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 115 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Octogenarians race to be oldest Everest climber
- Emails show AEG lawyer called Jackson a 'freak'
- FBI: Arrest made in Wash. ricin letter scare
- Talk of lies, pride as Trump case goes to jury
- Flooding forces evacuation of 1,300 in ND town
- AP Source: Coach K returning to US men's team
- 3rd grader who loved to sing among tornado victims
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes