Watch Fox’s Megyn Kelly Interview…Her Husband!
Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly welcomed a very special guest onto her show Friday: her husband.
In an interview loaded with adorable married couple-isms, Douglas Brunt was on to discuss his just-published first novel, “Ghosts of Manhattan,” about a Wall Street insider struggling to escape the high-rolling lifestyle of drugs, sex and money.
“How you doing babe?” Kelly greeted him.
“I’m doing great honey, thanks for having me on,” Brunt replied.
“Do you feel nervous?” she asked.
“Nervous, panicked, one of those,” he laughed.
“Much easier when you see it from the living room couch, isn’t it?” she said.
Kelly noted how anxious she was about reading the novel for the first time, saying it was “terrifying because I had no idea if Doug could write.” Set in 2005 before the financial collapse, she asked whether he wanted her honest opinion of the book. She said she read it and said “The truth is it’s awesome!’”
Kelly said there was one thing people need to know about the book right off the bat about a “naughty blonde reporter.”
“Now we need to get this on the record right now, this person bears no relation to anyone you may know,” she said.
“No, none,” Brunt confirmed.
“And you made her a CNBC reporter so it’s not even a Fox Business person or a Fox News person, it’s all fictional,” she said.
“Financial correspondent, totally unrelated,” he said.
Tipping the scales even more on the sweetness meter was Brunt calling Kelly “the best journalist” in talking about his main character trying to break away from Wall Street.
“You did the same, you were a lawyer work 100-hour weeks and you were exceptional at it — I remember going to a dinner with a lawyer at Jones Day who said, ‘Doug, it doesn’t matter how good she becomes as a journalist, she’ll never be as good as she was as a lawyer,’ now he was wrong –”
“– this is supposed to be about you!” Kelly interjected.
“Well, he was wrong about it as it turns out, because you are the best journalist and anyone — I don’t know where the camera is — everyone watching at home knows you are the best,” he said.
Closing out the interview, Kelly said she had one more thing to ask: “Who is watching our children?”
Prior to having him on, Kelly promised one viewer on she wouldn’t let him do any “spin”: “Oh he’s gonna get the full MK treatment. :)” she tweeted.
For his part, Brunt certainly seemed please with how the segment went, tweeting afterward: “My wife is such a talented interviewer that even a dope like me can muddle through. Was a lot of fun. Thanks, babe.”
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 488 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 475 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 466 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 374 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 303 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 133 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 233 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 108 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer 109 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 120 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Does CNN want to keep Piers Morgan around?
- Permit requirements shut down another kid’s lemonade stand — but it’s not what you think
- Video: Introducing ‘ConservoTax,’ the first tax software made for Republicans
- Watch the other hand: Immigration reform advances under cover of scandals
- Bill O’Reilly counts calories, orders salad at fried-food restaurant
- Coen, Guirgis bound for Atlantic Theater Company
- Body of child found in deadly Minn. landslide
- Obama endorses more oversight of drone strikes
- CORRECTS: Obama: No drone strikes without 'near certainty' of no civilian casualties.
- Study: Amphibians disappearing at alarming rate
- Obama announces he's lifting 2009 ban on transfers of Guantanamo detainees to Yemen
- Shuttered NM plant resumes making peanut butter
- Obama:No drone strikes on suspected terrorists without 'near certainty' of civilian casualties