Twitchy Says It’s Been Temporarily Blocked From Facebook, Threatened With Permanent Ban
Editor’s note: Twitchy said it has been unblocked from Facebook. See update below.
Conservative website Twitchy said Saturday that it had been temporarily blocked from posting on Facebook and threatened with a permanent ban after two of its posts were removed for violating the site’s community standards.
Twitchy said the first post to be removed dealt with a story about President Barack Obama’s official Twitter account subscribing to an explicit feed devoted to breasts. The post featured a censored photo from the Twitter account @ILikeTitsDaily:
Twitchy said it received a message from Facebook Saturday morning saying a second post had been removed, though without specifying which one. With the notice came a 24 hour ban from posting:
The message said we are being blocked from posting to our account for 24 hours and may be permanently banned from Facebook if we violate Facebook’s standards again. The message did not identify which post violated Facebook’s standards.
When we try to post to our Facebook page, we get the following message:
You recently posted something that violates Facebook policies, so you’re temporarily blocked from using this feature. Learn More.To keep from getting blocked again, please make sure you’ve read and understand Facebook’s Community Standards.
The block will be active for 23 hours more.
The site subsequently took to Twitter to ask Facebook about the ban:
A representative for Facebook did not immediately return a request for comment from TheBlaze Saturday afternoon.
UPDATE: Twitchy said via Twitter Saturday afternoon it had been unblocked from Facebook and that the posts were “accidentally removed during Facebook’s review process.”
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,036 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 436 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 313 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 252 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 151 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 224 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 106 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 132 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Sharks hang on to beat Kings 2-1 and tie series
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- Bruins rally, push Rangers to brink of elimination
- Spurs can't ease up despite 2-0 lead on Grizzlies
- Restaurant learns online reviews can make or break
- Gov't dysfunction may be baked into the system
- Bay Bowl: San Francisco to host 50th Super Bowl
- Immigration bill heads to full Senate