‘Are You Gonna Do What I Think You’re Gonna Do?’: Latest O’Keefe Video Purportedly Shows DNC Staffer Helping Woman Vote Twice
Editor’s note: See updates below.
A new undercover video from conservative activist James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas purports to show a staffer for the grassroots Obama effort Organizing for America helping facilitate voter fraud.
In the video, an O’Keefe operative tells a woman identified as Stephanie Caballero, regional field director at OFA Houston, that she has a Florida voter registration card and intends to vote both there and in Texas. While Caballero doesn’t explicitly encourage her to vote twice, she doesn’t discourage her from doing so during their laughter-filled conversations.
“[It] really concerns me that if we don’t do everything we can we’re not going to win this election,” the videographer tells Caballero after a cut in the video, who according to Project Veritas is a “salaried employee” of the Democratic National Committee.
“So you mean that — OK, so you have to make sure because after 60 days you can send in your application to vote by mail ballot,” Caballero says. “So I can print that out for you. On Wednesday I’ll print it out and you just have to mail it back in or fax.”
“Or fax it back in so that I can do — ” the videographer says.
“So they’ll send you a mail ballot,” Caballero replies.
There’s another cut in the video, after which the videographer asks, “And so, and there’s no way that they would be able to cross-reference the ballots?”
“If you voted twice?” Caballero asks. “I don’t know this. That’s not my expertise. I would just do Florida because in Texas it really doesn’t [count].”
After the video cuts again, the videographer says, “And let me know about that. I mean, I don’t want to do anything wrong. But if no one’s going to know, like…”
“I’ll definitely look into it. I don’t want you to get in trouble at all,” Caballero says.
“Yeah I don’t want to get in trouble but like I said, if no one’s gonna know I don’t have a problem with it,” she says as Caballero starts to laugh.
“Oh my God this is so funny! It’s cool though,” Caballero says.
According to Project Veritas, the video then picks up “a few weeks later” when the videographer returns to the Organizing for America office and receives a Florida absentee ballot application.
“I was gonna see as far as all the registering for Florida, where do I get the forms to do that? Or not registering but voting in Florida for the absentee,” the videographer asks.
“So what you’ll have to do is you’re gonna call in to Florida and call,” Caballero says. “Are you gonna do what I think you’re gonna do?”
“Well I mean if no one’s gonna know,” the videographer says as Caballero laughs and declares, “You’re so hilarious.”
After a cut in the video, Caballero says, “OK, I’m just going to print this out for you.”
There’s another cut, then the videographer says, “Yeah, because I have several friends who, who’ve done that and they said that it’s no problem.”
After another cut, Caballero seems to be advising the videographer what to do if she gets caught.
“Come up with, like, if anyone checks say, ‘I don’t know,’” she said as the two laugh.
“Well just because I mean, it’s, I don’t know — it’s so important, everything we’re doing here is so important,” the videographer says as Caballero agrees.
She adds, “That there’s absolutely no way, um, if I have an opportunity to make my voice heard, I’m gonna make my vote twice. I’m gonna make it heard twice.”
After another cut, Caballero retrieves the Florida ballot application for the videographer, who says she’ll figure out how to fill it out.
The video then switches to scenes of another O’Keefe operative interacting with Obama campaign workers in New Jersey, New York, and Connecticut. He tells them he intends to vote twice while they simply laugh, suggesting additional footage could be on its way.
In a statement, O’Keefe said, “[N]o matter how many times we’ve proven the danger [of election fraud], our concerns have been dismissed by the media while efforts to correct the problem at the state level have been actively blocked by the Obama administration. Now we know why.”
Caballero did not return a request for comment from TheBlaze.
Project Veritas has not posted the full, unedited footage of its time at the Organizing for America office.
It should be noted that TheBlaze has been critical of O’Keefe’s undercover tactics in the past.
Update: Project Veritas has posted an additional video appearing to show more OFA staffers not discouraging double voting.
Update II: House Judiciary Committee Chairman Lamar Smith (R-Texas) told the Daily Caller it was “an outrage that Obama campaign staffers appear to be encouraging voters to engage in voter fraud” and called for them to be fired.
“Contrary to the statements of the Obama campaign staffer, voter fraud is neither ‘cool’ nor ‘hilarious,’” Smith said. “It is a very serious crime that undermines the integrity of our electoral process and threatens the future of our democracy. Obama campaign staffers who encouraged voters to violate the law and cast fraudulent ballots should be fired.”
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 492 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 477 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 467 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 375 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 315 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 161 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 273 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 119 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer 118 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 121 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Just a photo of Al Sharpton smiling in an African dashiki
- ‘Big gas savings’: Kmart’s marketing gurus strike again
- Does CNN want to keep Piers Morgan around?
- Permit requirements shut down another kid’s lemonade stand — but it’s not what you think
- Video: Introducing ‘ConservoTax,’ the first tax software made for Republicans
- Oil tracks gains in stocks, erases early losses
- West Bank and romance prominent in 'Omar'
- 87-year-old woman loses to Trump in civil case
- Dissidents find 'Cuba outside Cuba' in Miami
- New Victory Theater offers Bob Marley, Shakespeare
- Q&A: What is known about London attack
- Clashes in Lebanon feed fear of Syria spillover
- Anti-war protester shouts at Obama during speech