Business Man Behind Those Provocative Anti-Obama Signs in Mass. Finds a Way to Keep Them Up After Being Told They Violated Local Code
Bureaucrats from the town of Hanson might have told a local business owner that his massive anti-Obama signs violated building codes, but that business owner isn’t backing down.
You may remember Bobby Sullivan, a motorcycle parts salesman from Hanson, Massachusetts, who decided to publicly voice his discontent about the current administration by putting up several signs bearing saucy inscriptions about President Obama (read our past report here).
“Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing its idiot,” read one.
“Thanks Obama, you’ve spent my lunch money, my allowance, my inheritance, 35 years of future paychecks, and my retirement, you jerk,” read another, which depicted a little girl appearing to give the middle finger.
There was just one problem: The signs were apparently so large that they violated Hanson building codes. As such, the town asked Sullivan to take them down.
Unfortunately for them, Sullivan had a better idea. Instead of taking down his signs, he bought a 45 foot flat bed tractor trailer and used it to hold up the signs. This circumvented the building codes that required his signs to be smaller because now the signs are no longer considered “permanent.”
“This is America,” Sullivan told CBS Boston. “We have freedom of speech that’s what this was really all about. People in town didn’t like what I was saying and they tried to stop me”.
You can watch the report, below:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 533 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 490 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 473 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 327 Comments
- ‘War in London Tonight’: Rioters Clash With Police Over ‘Cleaver’ Terror Attack (Plus: Read About Hero Mother Who Reportedly Confronted Killers) 294 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor Read More
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 156 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 128 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 116 Comments
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- IMF chief named key witness in French payoff case
- Obama: Sexual assault threatens trust in military
- Oklahoma gets far more than its share of disasters
- Cannes: Dern a leading man again in 'Nebraska'
- Yankees' Teixeira to play in minors on Wednesday
- Budget cuts mean unpaid day off for many in gov't
- Hezbollah: EU making big mistake
- Toronto mayor Rob Ford says he does not smoke crack cocaine