School Bus Driver Fired After Reportedly Telling Student He Should Have Been Aborted Over Family’s Romney Sign
A Wisconsin school bus driver has been fired after reportedly telling a 12-year-old boy he should have been aborted because his family had a Mitt Romney yard sign.
Bus company Durham School Services said in a statement that the driver in New Berlin, Wis. “engaged in a political debate with students” on Monday and “made an inappropriate remark to a child.”
“Durham immediately removed the driver from service pending an investigation, which resulted in the termination of the driver,” the statement said.
WISN 1130 cited blog Freedom Eden, which said the 78-year-old female driver had “been harassing the boy, making rude comments to him related to politics.” When the boy responded that President Barack Obama supports abortion, the driver allegedly replied, “Maybe your mom should have chosen abortion for you.”
Durham spokesman Blaine Krage told TheBlaze he could not confirm the exact comment the driver made, saying only it was during a “debate about politics.”
“There was a political debate and then the driver did make that inappropriate remark and then we took appropriate action,” Krage said.
He said the boy’s mother complained after the incident took place.
Krage added that the driver had been with the company for more than 20 years and had never received any complaints before.
Full statement from Durham School Services:
Durham School Services was notified by a parent on Tuesday, Oct. 9, that a bus driver in New Berlin, Wisconsin, engaged in a political debate with students the previous day and made an inappropriate remark to a child. Durham immediately removed the driver from service pending an investigation, which resulted in the termination of the driver. Prior to this incident, the driver had an incident free record while serving the community as a Durham school bus driver for more than 20 years. Notwithstanding, the drivers remark was insensitive and inappropriate. Durham has apologized to the family. We remain strongly committed to the safe transportation of students in the community.
(H/T: Gateway Pundit)
This post has been updated with comments from Durham School Services.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 503 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 463 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 459 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 339 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 323 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 110 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 205 Comments
- Faith-Healing Parents Charged With Murder for Refusing Kids’ Medical Care — Should They Go to Prison? 141 Comments
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 116 Comments
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- Rare Superman comic found in house insulation
- Barrick fined $16m for Pascua-Lama violations
- Suspect in killing of officer found dead in cell
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer post Sandy
- 16 hurt in shuttle bus crash near Atlanta airport
- Obama's drone speech could improve Pakistan ties
- Iran presidential candidate vows to resist West
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted, 2 men arrested