What Did a Man Wear to a Romney Event That Was So Offensive the Campaign Denounced it as ‘Reprehensible’?
The Romney campaign has denounced what Buzzfeed aptly described as a “mindblowingly offensive” shirt that says, “Put the White Back in the White House” beneath a Romney-Ryan logo.
Speaking to Buzzfeed, a Romney spokesperson said the garment is “reprehensible and has no place in this election.”
The picture was taken by a Getty photographer at a Romney campaign event in Lancaster, Ohio on Friday, but is presented with little other accompanying information.
Still, readers can draw some conclusions of their own. First, the shirt is obviously not an official piece of campaign gear, but in this day and age it isn’t difficult to order shirts online with whatever writing you want. More than that, it looks like the Romney-Ryan logo might even be a sticker because of the awkward spacing.
With allegations of racism being thrown around left and right (remember when mentioning Obama’s golfing habits was deemed racist, or when peanut butter and jelly sandwiches were said to have racial overtones?), it’s sometimes easy to forget that there appear to be actual racists on both sides of the aisle.
Regardless, many appear to be using the shirt as “proof” that Republicans, particularly conservatives, are actually all racist.
“Must be a member of the slowly dying Tea Party,” one commenter wrote.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 508 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 460 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 443 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 324 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 323 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 252 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 146 Comments
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Lenovo says quarterly profit up 90 percent
- Japan stocks dive after benchmark bond yield spike
- Malaysian charged with sedition, 2 more arrested
- 2011 jail breaks become political issue in Egypt
- Asia shares slide, Nikkei down 7.3 percent, as Japan bond yields rise, China factories weaken
- Japan bond yields jump following Fed comments
- Submerged structure stumps Israeli archaeologists
- Police: Car bomb kills 12 in southwest Pakistan