Former SNL Star Victoria Jackson Spars With Howard Stern Over Gay Marriage & the Bible: ‘Take It Up With God’
Former Saturday Night Live (SNL) cast-member Victoria Jackson isn’t shy about sharing her views on a plethora of social and political issues. In the not-so-distant past, the actress and comedian has warned of the Muslim Brotherhood’s alleged infiltration into the U.S. government, she’s spent time with Occupy Wall Street protesters and she’s made her views about “Glee” known.
This morning, Jackson continued sharing her sometimes-controversial views in an appearance on “The Howard Stern Show,” where she discussed homosexuality, while fielding questions from and debating with the popular radio host.
“Aren’t you against gay marriage and — that gays are wrong?,” Stern asked.
Jackson hinged her response upon the Bible and her belief that the holy book is God’s word. Rather than giving her own views on the matter, she answered by referring those with questions about her views to the Christian scriptures.
Photo Credit: “The Howard Stern Show”
“You have to take it up with God. God made the rules. He made a man and woman’s bodies fit together,” she responded. “He made the Ten Commandments. I believe the Bible is God’s word and I base all my worldview on the Bible.”
In response to this, Stern proclaimed that the Bible was written by man and he sought agreement from Jackson on this point. Rather than responding directly, the actress continued to defend herself, claiming that she has homosexual friends and that she doesn’t have disdain for them.
“I have gay friends…and I don’t…make their identity their sexuality,” she said, adding in reference to a college friend who happens to be gay, “Why is identity his sexuality?”
Jackson told Stern that she doesn’t believe that gay marriage exists (she seemed to mean that stands against it, regardless of what the law says) and that, since the beginning of time, the definition of marriage has been one man and one woman. Stern challenged her on these points, asking why the definition can’t be amended.
“Because that would make God mad,” she proclaimed.
Watch the exchange, below:
- Former SNL Actress Victoria Jackson: ‘Muslim Brotherhood Has Infiltrated Our Highest Positions in Gov’t’
- Want to See Part 2 of Former SNL Star Victoria Jackson’s Occupy Wall St. Interviews?
- Want to See a Conservative, Former SNL Cast Member Grill Occupy Protesters?
- Homophobic Rant? Former SNL Star Victoria Jackson Slams ‘Glee’
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 591 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 520 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 497 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 392 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 336 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 324 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 279 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 151 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Gas cylinder blast on Pakistan school bus kills 17
- Late turnovers doom Heat in Game 2 loss, 97-93
- Pacers steal Game 2 from Heat, 97-93
- Official: 2 dead after Angel Flight crashes in NY
- Militants attacks kill 9 in Pakistan
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees horror behind him
- Penguins rip Ottawa 6-2, move to conference finals