Former SNL Star Victoria Jackson Spars With Howard Stern Over Gay Marriage & the Bible: ‘Take It Up With God’
Former Saturday Night Live (SNL) cast-member Victoria Jackson isn’t shy about sharing her views on a plethora of social and political issues. In the not-so-distant past, the actress and comedian has warned of the Muslim Brotherhood’s alleged infiltration into the U.S. government, she’s spent time with Occupy Wall Street protesters and she’s made her views about “Glee” known.
This morning, Jackson continued sharing her sometimes-controversial views in an appearance on “The Howard Stern Show,” where she discussed homosexuality, while fielding questions from and debating with the popular radio host.
“Aren’t you against gay marriage and — that gays are wrong?,” Stern asked.
Jackson hinged her response upon the Bible and her belief that the holy book is God’s word. Rather than giving her own views on the matter, she answered by referring those with questions about her views to the Christian scriptures.
Photo Credit: “The Howard Stern Show”
“You have to take it up with God. God made the rules. He made a man and woman’s bodies fit together,” she responded. “He made the Ten Commandments. I believe the Bible is God’s word and I base all my worldview on the Bible.”
In response to this, Stern proclaimed that the Bible was written by man and he sought agreement from Jackson on this point. Rather than responding directly, the actress continued to defend herself, claiming that she has homosexual friends and that she doesn’t have disdain for them.
“I have gay friends…and I don’t…make their identity their sexuality,” she said, adding in reference to a college friend who happens to be gay, “Why is identity his sexuality?”
Jackson told Stern that she doesn’t believe that gay marriage exists (she seemed to mean that stands against it, regardless of what the law says) and that, since the beginning of time, the definition of marriage has been one man and one woman. Stern challenged her on these points, asking why the definition can’t be amended.
“Because that would make God mad,” she proclaimed.
Watch the exchange, below:
- Former SNL Actress Victoria Jackson: ‘Muslim Brotherhood Has Infiltrated Our Highest Positions in Gov’t’
- Want to See Part 2 of Former SNL Star Victoria Jackson’s Occupy Wall St. Interviews?
- Want to See a Conservative, Former SNL Cast Member Grill Occupy Protesters?
- Homophobic Rant? Former SNL Star Victoria Jackson Slams ‘Glee’
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 496 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 457 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 448 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 336 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 323 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ Read More
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 173 Comments
- Faith-Healing Parents Charged With Murder for Refusing Kids’ Medical Care — Should They Go to Prison? 109 Comments
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 114 Comments
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- Britain braces for possible copycat attacks
- Truck in Wash. span collapse hauled drilling equip
- Cyclist tests positive for EPO, risks life ban
- 18 hurt in shuttle bus crash near Atlanta airport
- US: Czech slaying suspect killed relatives
- NKorean envoy delivers letter to China's president
- China, Switzerland to seal free trade deal
- Defending champ Keselowski tries to build on title