Krauthammer Reacts to Debate: ‘This Was a Boxing Match, This Was Heavyweight, This Was Frazier, Ali’
Fox News contributor and syndicated columnist Charles Krauthammer said Tuesday night’s presidential debate was a “boxing match,” both candidates circling around each other on a stage that even resembled a boxing ring.
“We love this stuff. This was a boxing match, this was heavyweight, this was Frazier, Ali,” Krauthammer said.
“At one point I thought they were sort of going to use their mics as weapons and it would turn into the Taiwanese Parliament where you get these fantastic fist fights,” he added.
According to Krauthammer, Romney did just as well as he did in the first presidential debate, however, Obama “clearly had a good night,” especially compared to his poor performance in the first debate.
“I thought there was one point where Romney did really well.. that was on the larger general issue on the failure of this administration,” he explained. “When Romney went large, he did well. When Romney went small, trying to answer each point here and there, I think Obama got the better of him.”
He also said Obama was “completely at sea” when the issue of Libya came up.
“He was asked about the security in Libya at Benghazi, he didn’t even try to answer because he had no answer,” Krauthammer said.
However, he said Romney missed a “huge opening” to keep the pressure on Obama regarding the White House’s misleading statements on Benghazi. At one point, Obama said it was “offensive” that Romney would accuse anyone in his administration of playing politics or misleading on the issue.
“The obvious retort was: ‘Mislead? You sent out your UN ambassador to mislead America on five television shows in one morning, implying it was about a video, talking about a riot. There was none. There wasn’t a video involved in this issue in Benghazi,” Krauthammer added.
He also said moderator Candy Crowley’s intervention on the Libya question where she said President Obama called it an act of terror in the Rose Garden the day after the attack was “essentially incorrect.”
“He did not call it a terror incident,” he said.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,036 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 436 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 312 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 252 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 151 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 224 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 106 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 132 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Sharks hang on to beat Kings 2-1 and tie series
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- Bruins rally, push Rangers to brink of elimination
- Spurs can't ease up despite 2-0 lead on Grizzlies
- Restaurant learns online reviews can make or break
- Gov't dysfunction may be baked into the system
- Bay Bowl: San Francisco to host 50th Super Bowl
- Immigration bill heads to full Senate