Shock Video: Youth Football Coach Slaps Ref After Being Penalized
There’s not much that can be said her besides what you’re about to see is quite shocking. During a youth football game this weekend in Southern Florida, 43-year old West Park Saints, assistant coach Dion Robinson became infuriated after he was called for an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. He and his fellow coaches became so upset that eventually the head referee declared a forfeit.
So what did Robinson do after that? He chased down the ref who called the penalty and open-hand slapped him across the face, knocking the ref to the ground. And of course, it was all caught on video:
NBC in Miami identifies the referee as Andrew Keigans. It says that after flagging Robinson, the official did accidentally bump one of the young players, but there was no immediate indication that the subsequent scuffle had anything to do with that.
But on Tuesday, Robinson’s sister — Candy James — says that’s exactly what led to the altercation.
“He felt that he done it intentionally that’s why he went to him and said you owe him an apology for elbowing him and the referee said, I don’t owe anybody an apology. I’m not saying nothing,” she told WFOR-TV.
According to WFOR, Robinson has now been arrested and it was discovered that he has an extensive criminal past. That has raised questions about why he was coaching young kids in the first place.
“What happened is inexcusable,” Sheriff Al Lamberti told the station. ”He’s got an extensive record. It calls into question was a background check ever done on Mr. Robinson?”
The local league said that a background check is required for the coaches, but is trying to figure out if one was submitted for Robinson.
As for Robinson’s past, James defended him.
“Just because you have been to jail doesn’t mean you haven’t changed and trying to give back to the youth to make the youth not go where you have been,” she told the station.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 552 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 504 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 477 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 333 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 326 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 209 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 221 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 139 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Schumer urges look at security in Sprint deal
- IMF chief named key witness in French payoff case
- Furlough Friday: Unpaid day off for many in gov't
- Obama OKs honor for Birmingham bombing victims
- Stocks barely budge; market ends week with loss
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Suspect in killing of officer found dead in cell
- Principal recounts storm hitting Okla. school