Strangest or Best Promotion Ever? Iowa Jeweler Giving Free Rifles to Men Who Buy Engagement Rings
(TheBlaze/AP) — Have you spent your life hunting for the perfect wife? Or maybe you have met the one, but are feeling a bit gun shy?
Well, an Iowa jeweler is offering free rifles for husbands-to-be who spend at least $1,999 on an engagement ring at his store near Iowa City.
AP File Photo
Jeweler Harold van Beek told KCRG near Cedar Rapids that “in today’s economy– in today’s life– fun is more important than anything else,” so with hunting season coming up they decided to provide a little extra incentive to their clients.
Full of puns, the jewelry store owner joked: “If you want to say I’m hunting dear, then say, here’s [your] diamond ring, dear.”
On a more serious note, he added: “Let’s do something for the boy who doesn’t like to hunt for diamonds, but likes to hunt for deer.”
Watch his entire interview with KCRG, below:
The deal at Jewelry By Harold starts Thursday and will run through the end of October, but Harold promises to be there to make sure none of his clients rush into marriage just for the promotional firearm.
Moreover, the rifle offer is subject to Iowa laws on gun ownership. Felons and addicts are not eligible.
“We just hope that people will know about the crazy jeweler in North Liberty who does crazy things,” Harold van Beek explained.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 499 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 460 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 453 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 339 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 323 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ Read More
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 183 Comments
- Faith-Healing Parents Charged With Murder for Refusing Kids’ Medical Care — Should They Go to Prison? 118 Comments
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 115 Comments
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted, 2 men arrested
- Obama: Sexual assault threatens trust in military
- Canadian trucking company says it had permits
- Oil falls below $94 on weak outlook for demand
- AP source: FIFA task force seeks 5-game racism ban
- World stocks lower after big sell-off
- Chile blocks world's highest mine project
- Actress Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss