‘You’re Out of Your Mind!’: Romney Surrogate Sununu Clashes With CNN Anchor Over Defending Obama
Photo Credit: CNN
Former New Hampshire governor and Romney surrogate John Sununu has clashed with CNN’s Soledad O’Brien in the past (remember when he told her to put a Obama bumper sticker on her forehead?), and Wednesday morning the two were at it again discussing last night’s presidential debate.
Specifically, the two discussed the September 11 attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, and whether Mitt Romney missed an opportunity to explain the repeated contradictions in the administration’s response.
O’Brien begins by playing edited clips of the debate, in which Romney says it took the president two weeks to admit the attack was actually a “terrorist attack,” before moderator Candy Crowley intervenes to say the president did refer to an act of terror the next day in the Rose Garden. After applause for the president, Crowley also says Mitt Romney had the right “idea,” however, and that the administration did spend roughly two weeks claiming the incident was a spontaneous protest in response to a YouTube video.
After O’Brien concludes “that’s what happened,” Snunu objects.
“The fact is that in that Rose Garden speech, the president first [said] it was the video, and then two weeks later at the U.N. the president goes out and tells the world six times it’s the video. The president got caught lying last night, and I think the world should know that!”
After O’Brien plays a clip from the Rose Garden speech, proving that Obama did in fact say the word “terror,” Sununu responds:
“You left out the first part, and it’s the first part where he’s trying to tell the American public that it’s because somebody in the U.S. used their [First Amendment] right and made a video… that caused the problem.
“This is ridiculous that you’re trying to defend the president, who [five] days later sends out his Ambassador to the U.N. to five talk shows to say it’s the video. And two weeks later the president goes to the international stage and says ‘video’ six times! That’s ridiculous that you’re trying to defend him on this.”
When O’Brien attempts to place herself somewhat on Sununu’s “side,” saying Romney missed a real opportunity on Libya, Sununu remains unmoved:
“No, because what he did was put this in the conversation again. And now people understand that the president and his ambassador for the U.N., and Jay Carney, and all the apologists for this White House, and all the groupies on television that are trying to cover his butt have been lying about the president trying to deceive America that that tragedy was the result of a video, rather than acknowledging right from the beginning that this was a well-planned, well-executed terrorist attack…
As O’Brien once again tries to point out that President Obama did mention terror in the Rose Garden speech, Sununu concluded dismissively: “This is ridiculous, and if you’re going to dwell on this, you’re out of your mind.”
Here is video, via CNN:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 471 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 443 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 362 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 329 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 269 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ Read More
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 181 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 142 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 106 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 102 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- House panel moves to curb military sexual assaults
- AP source: Obama on Sunday to visit Oklahoma town devastated by monstrous tornado
- 'Boom Town Baby': African stock markets see gains
- First lady lauds effort to preserve DC slave house
- Attorney: Donald Trump lied on stand
- House takes up GOP bill to speed pipeline approval
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Congo fighting persists as UN chief arrives