Bill Clinton: Obama Would Win Easily if Americans Weren’t So ‘Impatient’ for the Economy to Be ‘Hunky-Dory Again’
Former President Bill Clinton said Friday that President Barack Obama is locked in a tough re-election fight because of “impatient” Americans who don’t understand why the economy isn’t “totally hunky-dory again.”
Clinton was campaigning on behalf of Obama in Green Bay, Wis. and told voters to stick with the president amid growing signs of economic recovery, according to the Associated Press.
“This shouldn’t be a race,” Clinton said. “The only reason it is, is because Americans are impatient on things not made before yesterday and they don’t understand why the economy is not totally hunky-dory again.”
He said the reason for the tight race between Obama and Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney is “people don’t feel it yet,” even as the unemployment rate dropped to a 44-month low in September. Clinton said Obama should be given credit for stabilizing a bad situation he inherited upon taking office, according to the AP.
“Governor Romney acts like from the minute the president took his hand off the Bible he was responsible for every lost job,” Clinton said.
Wisconsin, the home of GOP vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan, is considered a battleground state even though it hasn’t gone red in a presidential contest since Ronald Reagan in 1984.
A Rasmussen Reports poll released Friday following the second presidential debate had Obama leading Romney 50 percent to 48 percent.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 533 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 490 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 472 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 327 Comments
- ‘War in London Tonight’: Rioters Clash With Police Over ‘Cleaver’ Terror Attack (Plus: Read About Hero Mother Who Reportedly Confronted Killers) 294 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor Read More
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 151 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 125 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 116 Comments
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Teixeira expects to play in minors Wednesday
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted, 2 men arrested
- Afghan Taliban attack aid group, 2 guards killed
- Venezuela to create new workers militia
- Soldier's slaying prompts UK security review
- AP Source: Jets RB Goodson to practice Tuesday
- Schumer urges look at security in Sprint deal
- News Corp. OKs poison pill, buyback before split