‘F**k Facts!’: Bill Maher Lashes Out at Conservative Panelists Who Defended Romney’s Libya Debate Claims
A heated discussion about the Obama administration’s handling of Libya erupted during Friday night’s episode of “Real Time With Bill Maher.” MSNBC contributor Goldie Taylor and Maher clashed with National Review’s John Fund and writer Boris Epshteyn over Republican candidate Mitt Romney’s handling of the sensitive issue during the second presidential debate.
Maher and Taylor railed against Romney, claiming that his accusation that President Barack Obama didn’t promptly call the events that led to the deaths of four Americans in Libya “an act of terror” were untrue. Maher, doubling down on his assertion, played a clip from the debate in which Romney definitively said, ”It took the president 14 days before he called the attack in Benghazi an act of terror.”
Mediaite has more about the on-air debate that subsequently unfolded:
Maher began by noting the Libya moment from the second presidential debate, when Romney said the president didn’t call the attack an act of terror until 14 days later. He then showed a quote from the following day — in which Obama said “no acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation.” As well as a quote from the day after.
This is a gaffe, Maher said. As Fund and Epshteyn heatedly argued against that point, Taylor told them, “You watched Mitt Romney on the president, and buck his ass right into the hall.”
Maher himself was hung up on his central point: Romney said it took the president two weeks say act of terror, but the quotes say otherwise. “Please admit that,” he said. Epshteyn argued that Obama “didn’t call it terror” despite using the phrase.
Maher, clearly unable to handle the more conservative opinions espoused by Fund and Epshteyn, said, “You guys are so f–ked up,” and proceeded to voice annoyance with the fact that they wouldn’t agree with the notion that Romney was incorrect in his debate assertions.
“Your attitude is, ‘f–k facts,’” the host continued.
As the conversation progressed, Maher also said he couldn’t understand why the conservative panelists wouldn’t admit that the video may have played a part in the violence that unfolded in Libya — especially considering protests in other cities that ignited as a result of the controversial anti-Islam clip.
Watch the entire debate below (content warning — strong language):
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 593 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 521 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 498 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 397 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 338 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 332 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 290 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 152 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Seen and heard at the Cannes Film Festival
- Jury foreman says life or death decision unfair
- Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles Latinos
- Mosque blast kills 12 in eastern Afghanistan
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
- 16 children, 1 teacher dead in Pakistan bus fire
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools
- Chile's Indians take on world's largest gold miner