Here Are The Highlights From the FreePAC Rally in Orlando: ‘Our Long National Nightmare Is About to Be Over’
On Friday evening, Glenn Beck joined FreedomWorks and some of the biggest names of the conservative movement for the second installment of a two-part FreePAC event in Florida. In addition to Beck, who gave a moving and powerful keynote speech, TheBlazeTV’s Andrew Wilkow, Judge Andrew Napolitano, Matt Kibbe and Deneen Borelli all graced the stage and delivered positive and freedom-driven messages.
Following a grassroots training session about getting out the vote and encouraging other Americans to participate in the upcoming election, the event culminated with the star-studded set of speakers.
Beck’s keynote speech focused on the future of America’s “Freedom Movement” and the country’s entrepreneurial spirit, which the conservative media mogul says is making a comeback, despite opposition coming from big government progressives.
“Can you feel it?” Beck said to cheers. “Our long national nightmare is about to be over.”
Beck’s message wasn’t as much about what’s wrong with America, but rather what’s right with America. He said America will win, not because God is on our side but because “we are on God’s side.”
“They won’t give up their power without a fight, but a fight is what they are going to get,” Beck said to cheers.
Interspersed throughout Beck’s address, musician Kalai played some of his most popular songs.
Beck spoke about the true spirit of America, who we really are as a nation. He praised former President Ronald Reagan, Holocaust hero Dietrich Bonhoffer and Abraham Lincoln, who all share one common, extraordinary trait: unthinkable courage.
“You are about to create something that they will talk about for generations. A historic sweep of this nation,” Beck said. “Can I get an amen?”
Watch Beck’s keynote speech here (at around 50:00):
Judging from the reaction on Twitter during and following the event, Beck’s speech, and the event in general, was real hit:
— Margie Wilson-Mars (@Margie10) October 20, 2012
— Dare Dill (@youMUSTstand) October 20, 2012
— Sally (@_MissSally) October 20, 2012
— Kristina P (@sjw71747) October 20, 2012
— W. Orlando Tea Party (@woteaparty) October 20, 2012
— Breeanne Howe (@breeannehowe) October 20, 2012
Just watched #FreePAC Glenn Beck… Excellent! Outstanding on our American Spirt! Hope of the World…
— Callidora Beach (@CallidoraBeach) October 20, 2012
— Jenny Hill(@hilljennyp) October 20, 2012
Always a strong speaker, Judge Napolitano received a standing ovation for his passionate speech about the original intent of our founding documents and why Americans must fight to preserve its principles, with an emphasis on the importance of freedom of speech.
“Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech,” Napolitano began, later saying the Constitution was created to keep the government “off the people’s backs.”
The Judge railed against the Patriot Act and big government at the FreePAC rally, telling the crowd that “our rights come from God not government.”
Napolitano lamented that “everything thing government has doesn’t work,” including Social Security, Amtrak, Medicaid and Medicare. He told the story about the government taking over the “Mustang Ranch” because the people running it weren’t paying their taxes. Spoiler alert: they “ran it into the ground.”
“So the same government that can’t supply hookers and boos to truckers in the desert wants to manage health care,” he added, a knock on “Obamacare.”
Napolitano got the crowd completely fired up for TheBlazeTV’s Andrew Wilkow who later wowed the audience with his trademark wit and common sense straight-talk style. A lot of his speech focused on the misconceptions about the government’s role in everyday life.
In one of his best received lines, Wilkow said “there’s no such thing as a tax cut. What is a tax cut? It doesn’t exist. There are tax rates. They can either be raised or lowered.”
TheBlazeTV host also blasted the class warfare that seems to be poisoning American politics today, with Occupy Wall Street supposedly fighting against the “evil” 1 percent.
“When you say the 1 percent of whatever it is, when you get rid of the rich people, somebody else has to become the rich person. So whoever that is, he’s the bad guy. I hope it’s not you,” Wilkow concluded.
Watch Napolitano and Wilkow’s (and others) speeches below:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 507 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 459 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 443 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 324 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 323 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 251 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 146 Comments
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Malaysian charged with sedition, 2 more arrested
- Submerged structure stumps Israeli archaeologists
- Police: Car bomb kills 12 in southwest Pakistan
- Asia stocks slide as China factory output slips
- Survey shows China manufacturing contracting
- Teen birth rates decline in most US states
- Nearly all US states see hefty drop in teen births
- Penguins rout Senators 7-3, take 3-1 series lead