Is Gloria Allred Planning an October Surprise?
High-profile attorney Gloria Allred won’t confirm or deny Matt Drudge’s recent tweet that she is “about to make a move” in the waning days of the presidential campaign.
“Here she comes. Hearing Gloria Allred out there again, about to make a move. After all, it’s her time of the campaign. Team O at the ready!!” Drudge tweeted Thursday.
Allred, a President Barack Obama supporter who served as a delegate at the Democratic National Convention last month, refused to comment on the speculation to Radar Online.
“I have no comment at this time about Mr. Drudge’s tweet. I don’t discuss meetings with potential clients,” Allred said.
There’s nothing in Drudge’s tweet to specifically indicate whether Obama or Mitt Romney would be the target of such a “move” — the Obama campaign being “at the ready” could mean ready to exploit or to defend — but Allred has generally gone after Republicans more than Democrats, including representing a woman who accused then-presidential candidate Herman Cain of sexual assault.
Allred also represented a woman who claimed in the final weeks of the 2010 California gubernatorial race that Republican candidate Meg Whitman knowingly employed her as an illegal immigrant housekeeper. Whitman lost the election to Jerry Brown.
In 2011, Allred represented the former porn star who exchanged sexual messages with ex-New York Democratic Congressman Anthony Weiner.
It’s not uncommon for rumors to fly in the final days and weeks of a campaign. There was a flurry of speculation over the summer that former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and CIA Director David Petraeus were each on the short list to be Romney vice presidential running mate.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 469 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 442 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 357 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 328 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 266 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ Read More
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 177 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 142 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 106 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 102 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Weak yen a help for Japan, but headache elsewhere
- One block: How neighbors saw twister's deadly path
- Officials: Suspect lunged at FBI agent with knife
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- Judge: Hollister clothing unfriendly to disabled
- Bahrain opposition group snubs crisis talks
- Officials: Man lunged at FBI agent with knife while being questioned about Boston bombings
- AP Source: Coach K returning to US men's team