Charles Krauthammer Calls the Final Debate: ‘It’s Unequivocal – Romney Won’
During his post-debate analysis on Fox News, syndicated columnist Charles Krauthammer argued GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney won Monday night’s final presidential debate unequivocally, saying “Obama went very, very small — shockingly small.”
“I think it’s unequivocal — Romney won,” Krauthammer said. “And he didn’t just win tactically but strategically. Strategically, all he needed to do is basically a draw. He needed to continue the momentum he’s had since the first debate.”
He continued: “Tactically, he simply had to get up there and show that he’s a competent man and somebody you can trust as commander-in-chief, a man who knows every area of the globe and he gave a lot of interesting extra details…which gave the impression that he knows what he’s talking about.
Watch the clip via Fox News here:
But there’s a third level, Krauthammer explained. He said “Romney went large” while “Obama went very, very small — shockingly small.”
He also pointed out that Romney made a “strategic decision” not to aggressively go after the president on Libya and Syria or other areas so Obama couldn’t accuse him of being a “Bush-like war monger.”
“Now, I would have gone after Obama on Libya with a baseball bat, but that’s why Romney has won elections and I have never even contested them,” Krauthammer added.
What Romney did concentrate on is the “big picture,” he explained.
“The high point of that debate for Romney is when he devastatingly leveled the charge of Obama going around the world on an apology tour. Obama’s answer was: ‘ask any reporter and they will tell you it wasn’t so.’ That’s about as weak an answer you can get,” Krauthammer said.
As Obama attacked Romney with petty charges like investing in companies in China, Romney stayed focused on the real issues in the debate, according to Krauthammer. Obama’s attacks were something you would expect in a race for “city council,” he concluded.
“That’s not what you expect from the president.”
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 441 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 397 Comments
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 316 Comments
- This Could Be the Most Haunting Statistic You’ll Ever See 268 Comments
- Priest Gunned Down by Italian Mobsters Now Beatified Read More
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 166 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? 102 Comments
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich 100 Comments
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 121 Comments
- ‘My Life Is Full of Blessings’: Flesh-Eating Bacteria Victim Who Lost All Limbs Smiles as She Shows Off New Bionic Hands Read More
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California 124 Comments
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- Suspected rebels kill 17, wound 24 in east India
- Bruins eliminate Rangers with 3-1 win in Game 5
- Ore. teen accused of planning to attack school
- NYPD investigating actress Bynes allegations
- AP PHOTOS: Bayern beats Dortmund 2-1 in final
- Mo. highway buckles after rail cars hit overpass
- Tornado victims include animal lover, man in truck
- NTSB: Bridge collapse in Wash. is wake-up call