Farrakhan Lambastes Romney in Unhinged Rant & Claims American Exceptionalism Is an ‘Exceptional Lie’
Earlier this month, the Minister Louis Farrakhan delivered advice to President Barack Obama during a fiery speech in Charlotte, North Carolina. In a follow-up address entitled, “Guidance for Our President & Our Nation: Part II,” the leader of the Nation of Islam continued his rhetoric, taking aim at Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney and labeling American exceptionalism an “exceptional lie.”
Among his other claims, Farrakhan used his address, which he delivered from Chicago, Illinois, to say that Romney stands for “nothing” and that truth is not on the GOP candidate’s side. He also said that Romney is “revving up the team,” but is doing so without a solid foundation or basis.
“Now if his team takes the field, they can’t win cause they’re not rooted in that which wins,” Farrakhan said. “That which wins is not democracy. That which wins is truth.”
Truth, he contends, has nothing to do with “the white color of your skin or the black color of your skin.” While he didn’t explain what, exactly, his definition of “truth” is, he proclaimed that those — like Romney — living without it are ”a failure in representation of the God who gives us skin and gives us spirit to guide that skin.”
It was at this point, relatively early in the speech, that Farrakhan unleashed, using race in his assessment of both Romney and the current state of affairs.
“In order for us to save our nation…cause we not givin’ white folk one more day to claim this as yours exclusively,” Farrakhan said. “Imagine — Romney’s father was born in Mexico. And became a governor. What price did he and his father pay to own this — to dictate the direction of this.”
Then, the National of Islam leader referred to Romney as a “Johnny-come-lately” and said, “When you got here you found a country that you did not build. When you got here you found a country almost every square inch of it soaked with the blood of the indigenous Indians and the blacks and the suffering people who came to build.”
Farrakhan then told the audience that they did not willingly come to America, but that they were brought here.
“It was chosen for us,” he proclaimed.
Watch these comments, below:
And Farrakhan wasn’t done there. He also wanted to make it clear that American exceptionalism, which he defined as, ”the belief that the United States is different from other countries in that it has a specific world mission to spread liberty and democracy,” is a bald-faced lie.
“Now, Mr. Romney’s telling us about American exceptionalism. What does it mean?…Now, that’s an exceptional lie, isn’t it?,” he said. ”An ideology based on liberty. Let’s start with that lie first.”
Farrakhan then proceeded to explain why exceptionalism isn’t a valid construct, using race, again, as a dividing factor.
Watch this portion of the address, below:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 467 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 441 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 336 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 326 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 263 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 157 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 202 Comments
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 140 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 106 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 145 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 100 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Feds open special inspection into NC nuke plant
- IRS official Lerner: 'I did nothing wrong'
- Chinese premier visits Pakistan, praises ties
- Iran expands nuke technology
- Complaint accuses Exxon Mobil of anti-gay bias
- Douglas, Damon dramatize a steamy show-biz affair
- Germans, French eye plan to create jobs for young
- Polish man gets quick face transplant after injury