Graphic Surveillance Vid Shows Firebomb Thrown at Shoppers Causing Man to Catch Fire
Friday night someone threw a Molotov cocktail at a crowd of shoppers outside of a market in Long Beach, Calif. The firebomb landed at one man’s feet causing him to catch fire.
The Long Beach police have now released surveillance video of the crime being committed, for which the attacker is still at large.
The firebomb was thrown at a crowd outside of El Paisano Ranch Market in the 200 block of West Pacific Coast Highway, according to NBC Los Angeles. The weapon missed a woman with a baby stroller, but landed at the feet of a victim who is said to be in his 50s. This man was taken to the hospital and treated for serious burns. NBC Los Angeles reported he is in serious condition after the attack.
The Long Beach Police Department has released the store’s surveillance video in the hopes that it will lead them to the identity of the attacker. The clip shows the bomb exploding and the chaos afterward, which involved the stroller being dragged from the flames, people running way and pulling out their cars, and the man on fire running and then being extinguished by others on the scene. Here is the video: (Warning: Graphic Content):
Police have said it does not appear that the victim and attacker had any acquaintance with each other, nor was this a gang related crime. According to NBC Los Angeles, Sgt. Aaron Eaton said the 50-year-old was waiting for his father who was inside the market purchasing food.
Watch the NBC Los Angeles report:
“There is no indication at all that they knew each other. There was not a previous altercation,” Eaton said, according to the Long Beach Press-Telegram. “The victim’s just standing there, minding his own business, when he has this object thrown at him.”
The attacker is described as a 20-something man, the Press-Telegram reported. He is not easily seen committing the crime in the video due to the store’s awning but is viewed running away from the scene.
Anyone with information about this crime can contact the LBFD/LBPD Arson Hotline at (562) 570-2582 or to remain anonymous visit www.lacrimestoppers.com.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 469 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 442 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 359 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 329 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 269 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ Read More
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ Read More
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 178 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 142 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 106 Comments
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 102 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- House panel moves to curb military sexual assaults
- AP source: Obama on Sunday to visit Oklahoma town devastated by monstrous tornado
- 'Boom Town Baby': African stock markets see gains
- First lady lauds effort to preserve DC slave house
- Attorney: Donald Trump lied on stand
- House takes up GOP bill to speed pipeline approval
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Congo fighting persists as UN chief arrives