‘Real News’: Both Campaigns Face Debate Performance Criticism and a Gender Gap
Reactions have been mixed to what to take from the final presidential debate Monday night. Polls after each candidates’ closing statements Monday showed a slight edge to Obama in the debate, but Tuesday’s daily tracking poll and morning columns show that Romney may still be winning the war. Joe Scarborough writes in a column for POLITICO:
“Barack Obama won on points last night. But that victory may not have been enough to undo the damage done to the president by this year’s debate season.
President Obama came into the first debate in Denver as a heavyweight champ circling his battered, over-matched foe. But Obama let the challenger off the mat and deliver enough blows to change the contest’s momentum in dramatic fashion. The next debate was a messy tossup round that barely went to Barack, and last night continued that trend.
Still, Romney did enough things right to keep the momentum going his way. The former Massachusetts governor’s tone was nearly perfect and he abandoned the hard neoconservative line that had concerned more traditional conservatives like myself.”
Romney secured 50 percent support compared to 46 percent for Obama in Rasmussen’s Daily Presidential Tracking Poll Tuesday, and was also ahead of the president 51-46 in Gallup’s Tuesday poll. Commentators to the debate have noted Romney’s willingness to agree with the president and “do no harm strategy.” This performance has frustrated some conservatives, particularly those who wanted to see Romney take harder shots at the president’s handling of the Sept. 11 Libya attack.
On ‘Real News‘ Tuesday the panel discussed their reactions to the debate and subsequent snap polls, as well as the alarming gender gap the Romney campaign continues to face with women, and Obama faces with men:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 538 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 492 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 474 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 327 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 296 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 131 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 186 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 134 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 116 Comments
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Afghan Taliban attack aid group, 2 guards killed
- NBC to air Blake Shelton's benefit for Oklahomans
- Bowie Young takes early lead on short course
- Feds look for temporary fix after I-5 collapse
- News Corp. OKs poison pill, buyback before split
- Toronto mayor says he doesn't smoke crack cocaine
- Damage reported from magnitude-5.7 quake in Calif.
- Patrick: Another Indy 500 'less and less likely'