Sen. Marco Rubio’s 12-Year-Old Daughter in Stable Condition After Being Airlifted to Florida Hospital
LAKEWOOD CREST, Fla. (TheBlaze/AP) — Florida Sen. Marco Rubio’s 12-year-old daughter was airlifted to Miami Children’s Hospital after an accident in a golf cart Saturday.
“While visiting with classmates, she was a passenger on a golf cart involved in a collision in a private gated community,” Rubio spokesman Alex Conant wrote. “She was airlifted to Miami Children’s Hospital with a head injury. She has been admitted to the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.”
The Republican senator was reportedly notified shortly after walking off stage at a rally with GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney, and according to reports, he left the Romney motorcade soon after.
After being dropped off, according to Yahoo, Rubio jumped over a highway barricade and into a waiting Florida Highway Patrol car, which drove off at a brisk pace with its lights flashing.
Miami-Dade County Commissioner and family friend Rebeca Sosa said Rubio’s daughter, the oldest of his four children, “had a concussion,” but didn’t elaborate. The important thing now, she said, is that Rubio is with his daughter.
“Senator and Mrs. Rubio are grateful for all the outpouring of support and prayers,” Rubio spokesman Conant added.
The senator campaigned with Romney at two Florida rallies on Saturday and was scheduled to attend a third before being picked up by the state police cruiser along Romney’s motorcade route.
Romney spokeswoman Andrea Saul related: “Governor Romney spoke with Senator Rubio and expressed his concern and hope for Amanda Rubio’s quick recovery.”
This post has been updated to reflect new information.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 488 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 474 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 464 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 370 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 330 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control Read More
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 199 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 104 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer 107 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 120 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Video: Introducing ‘ConservoTax,’ the first tax software made for Republicans
- Watch the other hand: Immigration reform advances under cover of scandals
- Bill O’Reilly counts calories, orders salad at fried-food restaurant
- ‘Middle class champion’ Elizabeth Warren joins Senate Millionaires Club
- Matt Drudge calls MSNBC host ‘squirrely’…
- Iran's Rafsanjani blasts clerics, says report
- Kerry Kennedy, farmworker protest Wendy's in NYC
- Hurricane forecast: Another busy Atlantic season
- UK police: 2 more arrests linked to hacking death of British soldier in London.
- Google to add Galapagos Islands to Street View
- Pritzker's ties to thrift, tax haven eyed
- Writer Chinua Achebe honored in Nigeria funeral
- Shareholder adviser firm paying $300,000 fine