Obama Campaign Sends Out Email on ‘Voting Is Like Doing It’ Ad…And We Compiled the Best Parodies
A new Obama ad likening voting to losing one’s virginity has disgusted many conservatives since being released last week. Many have pointed out that it wasn’t long ago that such an ad would cause a candidate to bow their head with embarrassment, and deny any previous knowledge of its production.
Obama for America, the president’s campaign arm, however, is standing boldly by the advertisement amid the widespread ridicule. Not only that, they appear to be adding even more crass analogies to the mix.
On Saturday afternoon, Clo Ewing of Obama for America wrote in an email with the subject “Your First Time”:
If this is your first time voting, you should know — it’s pretty easy.
It can also be life-changing.
Then make sure you’re ready for your first (or second, or third) time, too… [Emphasis added]
Here is a screen shot of the email:
In the context, perhaps it’s not wise to write about how “easy” voting is, or how you should be ready for your “second, or third,” erm, candidate?
A number of the president’s detractors have also released their own videos parodying the advertisement.
In the first, comedian and Fox News contributor Steven Crowder implies Dunham really just wants to vote for a guy who will give her “free stuff”:
In the second, libertarian activist Julie Borowski sarcastically says you want to vote for a “real misogynist,” who thinks women only care about birth control and abortion:
This post has been updated.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 465 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 440 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 321 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 256 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 246 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance Read More
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 191 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? 104 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 126 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 104 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 142 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Official: Treasury played no role in IRS targeting
- Trial for captain in deadly shipwreck in Italy
- FBI: Man shot dead in Fla had become violent during questioning in Boston bombing case
- Iran's Ahmadinejad denounces election decision
- Target's 1Q profit drops 26 pct on weak sales
- House panel seeks to curb military sexual assaults
- 'GMA' host Roberts to write memoir about illness
- Vienna official: Looted Nazi goods returned