Popular Anti-Obama Artist Releases ‘Runaway Slave’ Painting to Praise C.L. Bryant (& Expose Democratic ‘Enslavement’)
Artist Jon McNaughton is, once again, using his talents to make a social and political statement. His new painting, “Runaway Slave,” will be much like his old one in that it is likely to spawn controversy and debate. If the title of the artwork sounds familiar, it’s because it’s named after the Rev. C.L. Bryant’s documentary — a cinematic effort that explored the Democratic Party’s handling of racial issues.
McNaughton worked with Bryant to produce the piece, telling CBS News that the project was undertaken in an effort to praise the conservative civil rights leader (TheBlaze also profiled Bryant in August) for his efforts to help African Americans escape the chains that purportedly hold them hostage. Here’s how the artist describes the painting on his web site:
“This painting is a beacon to all Americans, to free yourselves from the government bondage that enslaves your very soul. Be free of the old taskmaster that will offer you all the comforts if you will but do his bidding. Rise up and be great in the sight of God! You are the ‘Runaway Slave’!”
The artist discussed the newly-released painting in detail, explaining that he believes that Democrats, like Obama, have failed African Americans.
“My position is that the Democratic Party has brought the demise of Black America,” McNaughton said in an interview with CBS Houston. “Currently, 95 percent of all blacks vote Democrat, and yet what do they have to show for it?”
The artist went on to note the economic issues that have hit the African American community, as he claims that 25 percent of this cohort are impoverished, 16 percent are unemployed and 30 percent of black babies are aborted.
The portrait shows Bryant unshackled and standing with a torch in front of the Washington Monument and the Lincoln Memorial:
McNaughton’s decision to release the new painting one week before the election, he claims, was made in an effort to show the black community that Obama is not helping them.
Past paintings the artist have produced have also taken aim at Obama. One highlighted the president’s “dangerous atrocities.” Another showed the president burning the constitution — and a third presented Obama trampling the constitution.
(H/T: CBS Houston)
- Have You Seen the Most Recent Interactive Painting Depicting the Obama Administration’s ‘Dangerous Atrocities’?
- Painting of Obama Burning Constitution Sparks Controversy: Free Speech, Offensive or Both?
- Painting of Obama Trampling Constitution Resurfaces, Artist’s New Work Tells ‘Enslaved’ Americans to ‘Wake Up!’
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 565 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 509 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 488 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 346 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 333 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 252 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 240 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 142 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- Bayern faces Dortmund in Champions League final
- Steely Cotillard shines in 'The Immigrant'
- Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles Latinos
- Principal recounts tornado hitting Oklahoma school
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees tragedy behind him
- Yankees' Teixeira to play in minors on Wednesday
- Actress Bynes accused of bong toss out NYC window
- Calif. plastic ocean debris bill dies in committee