‘Citizens United’ Releases Ad Featuring Disillusioned Obama-Voters in Key Swing States
Citizens United is set to air 30-second TV ads in Wisconsin and New Hampshire featuring a number of disillusioned former Obama voters, all reportedly Democrats and independents, explaining why they couldn’t fathom voting for Obama a second time.
Running on CNN and MSNBC, the ad may speak to people in a similar position. More than that, however, it promotes a longer film called “The Hope and Change,” which can be seen on DVD and– more important for younger voters– the online streaming company Hulu.
The documentary has been out for several months, but has somewhat been limited to conservative audiences. Directed by Stephen K. Bannon and produced by Citizens United, the hope is that the new advertisements prompt people to watch what Sean Hannity called “the most powerful documentary” he has ever seen.
Here is the 30-second ad:
The transcript reads:
I voted for Obama.
My entire life, I’ve voted Democrat.
I’m a registered Independent.
I needed some kind of hope.
We voted for Barack Obama.
People were desperate.
I don’t think that I got what I was expecting.
What was he doing in office for the last three years?
I wanna see him behind the desk.
He didn’t make good on any of his promises.
The party’s over, the smoke has cleared.
Can we go through another four years of this?
And here is the trailer for “The Hope and Change” (it is similar to the 30-second ad, but a little more comprehensive):
According to its website, “The Hope and Change” follows 40 Americans who voted for Obama throughout their daily lives, including “unscripted and unrehearsed” interviews detailing why they’ve changed positions.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 488 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 473 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 464 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 368 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 329 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control Read More
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 177 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack Read More
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer 105 Comments
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 120 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Video: Introducing ‘ConservoTax,’ the first tax software made for Republicans
- Watch the other hand: Immigration reform advances under cover of scandals
- Bill O’Reilly counts calories, orders salad at fried-food restaurant
- ‘Middle class champion’ Elizabeth Warren joins Senate Millionaires Club
- Matt Drudge calls MSNBC host ‘squirrely’…
- 26 killed in 2 simultaneous car bombs in Niger
- Body of child found in deadly Minn. landslide
- Court cancels Ukraine's first gay pride rally
- WHO: 22 deaths worldwide from coronavirus
- Between economy and trouble, Obama approval steady
- UN chief visits Goma, Congo
- UK attack suspects part of previous investigations
- Shuttered NM plant resumes making peanut butter