Debbie Wasserman Schultz Reportedly Gets Into Argument with FL Policeman, Mayor Outside Polling Place
DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz reportedly got into a verbal altercation with a Florida policeman after he asked her not to block traffic with a political demonstration outside an Aventura polling location.
According to Florida’s Shark-Tank, which purportedly spoke to several witnesses, Schultz not only argued with the officer, but seemingly attempted to pull rank and intimidate him with a “well-placed” phone call:
Wasserman Schultz was greeting voters and waiving her campaign signs on a street that leading into the polling site and was obstructing traffic by stopping cars before they could even enter the parking area.
The police officer respectfully asked Wasserman Schultz to move onto the sidewalk as everyone else was required to do, but [the congresswoman] was unhappy with not being able to campaign how she saw it fit. Unnerved by the simple request from a police officer, Wasserman Schultz made a “well placed” phone call to some unknown individual in a position of authority. Five minutes later, the Aventura City Mayor came to the scene and was confronted by Debbie Wasserman Schultz and proceeded to get an earful from her as well.
Wasserman Schultz stayed about 20 minutes before she left the scene with the six or so supporters she brought with her . After the congresswoman left, one of the Democrat supporters who witnessed the whole incident confronted the Mayor and told him that what she did was “extremely inappropriate”…
As Townhall’s Katie Pavlich notes, voter suppression is one of the hot Democrat issues of the 2012 campaign. In their estimation, asking for a photo ID is simply too much of a burden, particularly on minorities.
“Can we say she was suppressing voters by keeping them away from the parking lot?” Pavlich asks.
A representative for the congresswoman did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
(H/T: Gateway Pundit)
- Guess How Much the Dress in that Glam Debbie Wasserman Schultz Photo Shoot Costs
- MSNBC Host Calls Out Wasserman Schultz Over Romney Policy Critique: ‘You Just…Said Two Different Things’
- Wasserman Schultz Gets Into Heated Exchange With Piers Morgan Over Libya: ‘You Guys Are Flogging the Wrong Dead Horse’
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 431 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 397 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 315 Comments
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 300 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 266 Comments
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor Read More
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 120 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 116 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 227 Comments
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 226 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 114 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Carney: Criticism of IRS response 'legitimate'
- Senate rejects bid to let states run food stamps
- Congo fighting persists as UN chief arrives
- Pentagon: New record plan won't help vet backlog
- Kerry: US, allies ready to step up aid to rebels
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- House takes up GOP bill to speed pipeline approval
- LA mayor-elect says he'll focus on economy