Exclusive: Trump Lambastes Obama for Missing Deadline, Claims He Could Have Given Money to ‘Victims of Benghazi’ or Hurricane Sandy
After making a $5 million offer to President Barack Obama in exchange for his passport and college records last week (then extending his self-imposed deadline until today at noon) business mogul Donald Trump has taken to Twitter and YouTube to lambaste the president for a supposed lack of transparency. Following Obama’s failure to meet the due date, Trump spoke with TheBlaze in detail.
In an exclusive interview, he explained that the end date for the offer was extended from 5 p.m. on October 31 to this afternoon as a result of Hurricane Sandy. As for the response he’s received so far, Trump claims many Americans are confused and do not understand why Obama has refused, thus far, to release his records.
“People don’t know — people don’t understand why he wouldn’t do this,” Trump said of his offer to the president.
The businessman also reiterated that he would have gone above and beyond offering the $5 million — if Obama was willing to produce the stated documents (although he didn’t name a specific amount of money beyond that benchmark).
“If the wrong things are down in the application, he can’t be president,” Trump insisted in his Blaze interview. “There has to be something very wrong. I’m not surprised that he didn’t take it.”
As for critics who claim that Trump has acted in a racist manner in waging his attacks against Obama, the businessman flatly denied the charge.
“Any time you attack Obama, it’s a racist act,” he said, going on to say that there have been no racial elements associated with his questions about Obama’s records.
“If you attack him on the economy it’s a racist act,” he scoffed.
During today’s video announcement, Trump discussed similar themes. In addition to lambasting Obama, he noted the causes to which the president could have given the funds — to wounded warriors, the American Cancer Society or “the relatives of the victims of Benghazi.” Considering recent events, Trump called the latter option “an appropriate situation.”
“Very sadly for the country, for a charity — and for the president himself, President Obama has just missed the deadline and now a charity of his choice will not be receiving $5 million — or as I stated much more than $5 million,” Trump proclaimed in the clip.
During his Blaze interview and in an associated press release Trump also noted that Hurricane Sandy cleanup would have been another viable place for the $5 million to be allocated.
“He spent millions of dollars in legal fees to keep his records secret,” he continued in the video. ”Someday those papers will come out and people will say, you know what, Donald Trump was right.”
Watch Trump’s announcement, below:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 492 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 477 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 467 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 378 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 317 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video Read More
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 172 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 288 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 124 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 121 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' deaths
- Storm took town's youngest as it swept through
- Council members abstain from vote on abstaining
- Dissidents find 'Cuba outside Cuba' in Miami
- Big stores nix credit card settlement, file suit
- Distraught mom becomes face of Oklahoma storm
- IMF chief Lagarde in court in fraud probe
- AP Interview: Rogge praises wrestling's changes