‘Turn Black!’: Jimmy Kimmel Visits NYC Barbershop to Find Out How Romney Can Win Over Black Voters
This week, late-night talk show host Jimmy Kimmel headed over to Levels Barbershop on Fulton Street in Brooklyn, New York, to ask how Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney can win over black voters. In addition to asking “if” this is possible, the comedian also pondered “how” success in this area can be reached.
“I want to ask you guys some political questions,” Kimmel told the barbers, noting that Obama is winning among black Americans by a margin of 94 percent to 3 percent.
Among the more notable moments was when Kimmel asked the barbers what definitive steps Romney can take to secure more African American voters. The controversial answer came from one of the men who candidly said, “Turn black!” Another added, “Drop out of the race.”
Not all of the comedian’s joke were election related. Among other questions, he asked, ”From a barber’s perspective, what do you think of Mitt Romney’s hair?”
One barber called it “decent” and another said “I don’t like it.” As for whether ”Mitt Romney has mad flava,” the group overwhelmingly said he does not (they also disagreed with the notion that Mitt Romney is their “boo”).
Watch the video, below:
Of course, this isn’t the first time Kimmel has sought political advice from African American barbers. Shortly after Obama took office, he attempted to gain information about appropriate jokes he could make about the president:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 565 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 509 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 488 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 349 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 334 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 258 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 241 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 143 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- Bayern faces Dortmund in Champions League final
- Steely Cotillard shines in 'The Immigrant'
- Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles Latinos
- Principal recounts tornado hitting Oklahoma school
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees tragedy behind him
- Yankees' Teixeira to play in minors on Wednesday
- Actress Bynes accused of bong toss out NYC window
- Calif. plastic ocean debris bill dies in committee