Glenn Beck Delivers Rousing Speech in Swing State of Ohio Days Before Election: ‘We Are Going to Wake Up to a New America’
Be sure to tune in Monday at 8pm ET on TheBlaze TV for a special broadcast of the program with behind-the-scenes footage from Friday’s “The Revolution Rises” event.
With just four days until arguably the most important election in a generation, Glenn Beck and FreedomWorks CEO Matt Kibbe hosted a gathering of conservatives from across the country in the crucial swing state of Ohio on Friday. The event was aptly titled “The Revolution Rises,” a final call to action for grassroots fiscal conservatives to Get out the Vote (GOTV).
“Hello Ohio,” Beck said to cheers. “This is the group that is about to change the world…and you are going to do it on Tuesday.”
Opening his impassioned keynote speech, Beck read a letter that a fan wrote to him who had nearly hit rock bottom after losing custody of his son, his financial security and being forced to live in a tin storage unit. Beck got choked up as he read the words, but he plowed through the letter anyway. The man, as Americans tend to do, picked himself up from the depths of his misery and committed to living his life around the following motto: “The moment a man stops trying to do his best is the moment a man starts to do his very worst.”
Today, the listener who wrote to Beck is a different man. He rebuilt his career, restored his financial situation and even regained custody of his son. He was also in the crowd at the rally on Friday and got a shout out from Beck himself.
Beck went on to tell the crowd that America is at a crossroads, and the country will take one of two very different paths come Tuesday, Election Day.
“We have become a zero sum nation,” he explained. “One family goes up the ladder, another one has to come down.”
In other words, a “zero sum nation” is one where individuals think they can only do better if it is at someone else’s expense. But that’s not the way it has to be, he added.
“This Tuesday you’re going to send a message to the whole world. On Wednesday we’re going to wake up to a new America,” said Beck.
He went on: “Our choice on Tuesday is greatness, not mediocrity, but greatness. Not just holding on, but greatness. That is the choice: to be better than we ever have in our lifetime. It is an honor to be those people who strive to be so much more.”
Watch Beck’s keynote address at the FreedomWorks even in Ohio on Friday via UStream:
Beck also made sure to discuss the ongoing scandal erupting out of Benghazi, Libya, where four Americans were killed in a fiery terrorist attack on Sept. 11.
Regarding Mercury Radio Arts’ charity Mercury One and Hurricane-ravaged New York City, Beck told a cheering audience that the organization had already raised over $1.2 million in funds for the city from good-hearted Americans. Even though NYC has treated him and his family terribly over the years, Beck said he was proud to take part in helping the city.
“America this is your moment! Ohio this is your moment! This is the moment you lead us out! This is the moment where you give us courage and lead the way so America gets off the mat and knocks the bullies out,” Beck proclaimed, concluding his fiery speech.
Just as an added bonus, here are some behind the scenes photos of Glenn Beck before the event — in front of GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney’s plane!
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 463 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 440 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 317 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 256 Comments
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 231 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance Read More
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 179 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? 101 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal 120 Comments
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) 104 Comments
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 140 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- UK eyes giving visas to 600 Afghan interpreters
- Target's 1Q profit drops 26 pct on weak sales
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- Irishman charged with 1982 IRA Hyde Park bombing
- GOP questions IRS scrutiny of anti-abortion groups
- Oil stays near $96 before crude stocks report, Fed
- Lowe's 1Q profit rises, but results miss Street
- AP Interview: Rogge cites need for targeted tests