‘Let’s Win This Motherfu**er!’: Special Assistant To The President Delivers Shock Speech at DNC National Headquarters
Editor’s note: TheBlaze Editor-in-Chief Scott Baker and reporter Benny Johnson will be discussing this story on today’s live BlazeCast at 1pm ET. After the live broadcast the archived version will be available here as well:
In a speech to a packed room of Obama for America phone bank volunteers at the Democratic National Committee headquarters Thursday night in Washington, D.C., Special Assistant to the President Kareem Dale said that people with disabilities are going to be “absolutely killed” under the proposed policies of Mitt Romney and delivered a strong message to the crowd: “let’s win this motherfu**er.”
Dale, who is himself partially blind, acts currently as the associate director for the White House Office of Public Engagement and as a special assistant to the president for disability policy.
During his address, Dale discussed the difference between the president’s views on healthcare and Romney’s. That’s when he said that the president would “protect the disabled” and announced, in contrast, that ”people with disabilities are going to be absolutely killed under Mitt Romney’s plan.”
He continued: “We know that other minorities are not going to have the same opportunity in this country if Mitt Romney becomes president.” He also said that the LGBT community would “lose their rights if Mitt Romney becomes president.”
“We cannot afford to go back,” he added to the crowd of about 60. He said later, “We’ve seen [Romney], we’ve seen what he has to say, we’ve seen what he is all about” and even though he does this “whole waffling thing” that the “proof is in the pudding.” He also hammered Romney on the governor’s 47 percent remarks, saying “I’m one of those 47 percent. Many of you all are one of those 47 percent. And I’ll be damned if were going to let somebody who does not care about me or other people like me get into office. It’s not gonna happen.”
He wasn’t done there.
After telling the audience that the election is all about the ground game — making calls and knocking doors — he got animated. “The work you do is incredibly important,” he said, then raising his voice into the microphone and saying “lets win this motherfu**er!” This final comment was met with applause, cheers, and some nervous laughter from those listening.
After the impassioned speech, Dale began making calls for the president. TheBlaze approached him and asked him to clarify his remarks. After conferring with an associate who was sitting across the room, he declined to comment, saying it was probably not a good idea based on his position.
The comments were made during a phone bank for ‘All Abilities’ which included the LGBT community and Asian-American community according to organizers within the DNC. Details can be found below:
This reporter was on the official invitation list for the night’s events and was told multiple times by DNC organizers that it was permitted to conduct interviews and record attendees.
Cover photo courtesy of Reuters, Adrees Latif
- 9-Year-Old Boy at Michelle Obama Rally: ‘If Mitt Romney Win, We’ll Be Going Back to the Crop Fields’
- Dawkins Peddles Fiery ’07 Clip of Romney Defending His Mormon Faith — But It’s Actually Video Romney Supporters Will Love
- Geraldo Absolutely Explodes at Co-Host Over Libya Story on Fox: ‘You Are a Politician Looking to Make a Political Point!’
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 477 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 450 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 429 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 332 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 318 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ Read More
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 135 Comments
- Faith-Healing Parents Charged With Murder for Refusing Kids’ Medical Care — Should They Go to Prison? Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 114 Comments
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- 3 al-Qaida members, 2 soldiers dead in Yemen clash
- Some damage reported from 5.7 quake in N. Calif.
- Obama: Sexual assault threatens trust in military
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted, 2 men arrested
- Hurricane center: Beware of the storm surge
- Kid Rock, Rolling Stones on scalping, summer tours
- News Corp. board approves split, stock buyback