Lib Radio Host to Gay Romney Supporter: Committing Suicide By Arsenic Better Than Waiting for ‘Slow, Painful Death That Mitt Romney Will Bring’
Liberal radio host Michelangelo Signorile had a bizarre message for a gay Mitt Romney supporter who called into his show: Rather than vote for the Republican candidate he said it would have been easier to “go to the store, buy some arsenic and make a potion and take it.” The advice came after the individual, named “Wess,” told Signorile that he is a homosexual who recently voted for the GOP candidate.
“Are you a Romney supporter?,” Signorile asked the caller.
“I’m not Republican, but yes I did vote for Romney,” Wess responded.
This admission was apparently too much for the host to handle, as he began commenting about how wonderful President Barack Obama has been for gay rights, while also skewering Romney for his purportedly anti-gay views.
“Now, you went and voted for him. And it would have been much easier to go to the store and buy some arsenic and make a potion and take it,” Signorile said. “That would have been much easier than waiting for the slow, painful death that Mitt Romney will bring.”
As for Wess, Signorile personally attacked his knowledge base, claiming that he should not be permitted to cast a vote.
“You are the epitome of a low-information voter. You should not be allowed to vote,” the host continued.
But Wess noted that, despite being gay and disagreeing with Romney’s stance, Obama’s views on same-sex rights are, in his view, politically motivated. The caller noted that the Republican “tells it straight out that he doesn’t agree” with gay marriage.
“You’re stabbing yourself right in the back,” Signorile responded. ”If somebody does things for you for the votes, you vote for them, Wess.”
Listen to the interaction, below:
Considering suicides and other related issues, his words were viewed, by some, as insensitive. B. Daniel Blatt of the Gay Patriot blog sarcastically wrote, “Such tolerance.” Commentator Andrew Sullivan added:
“…imagine if it had been Limbaugh. Wouldn’t every gay group be assailing him for hate speech? Why the advice to commit suicide – a pretty raw topic given recent events for gay teens? Because the caller had the gall to say he was gay and voting for Romney. Signorile told him to go to a store, get some arsenic, make a potion and take it. He also said that low-information voters like his listener should not be allowed to vote at all. The gay left: one of the last bastions of tolerance. I learned that the hard way.”
Following the fury, Signorile apologized on his blog:
After the caller said he voted for Romney, I said he should just get some arsenic, make a potion, and take it, which would be more painless. Not because I thought he should kill himself—I do not think gay Romney supporters should kill themselves—but because voting for someone who is committed to undermining your rights is a self-destructive behavior.
Any gay person who votes for Romney is undermining his own life, his own rights, and the lives and rights of all other LGBT people. And let’s be clear: It is Romney, with his bigoted positions (“Some gays are actually having children. It’s not right on paper. It’s not right in fact.”), who feeds a culture of hate that leads to gay teen suicides.
Read the rest of the apology here.
(H/T: Gay Patriot)
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 492 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 477 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 467 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 378 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 317 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video Read More
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 172 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 288 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 124 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 121 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' deaths
- Storm took town's youngest as it swept through
- Council members abstain from vote on abstaining
- Dissidents find 'Cuba outside Cuba' in Miami
- Big stores nix credit card settlement, file suit
- Distraught mom becomes face of Oklahoma storm
- IMF chief Lagarde in court in fraud probe
- AP Interview: Rogge praises wrestling's changes