This Chart Shows How Much Fed Debt Per Household Has Risen Since Reid’s Senate Passed a Budget
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) on Friday vowed to refuse to work with Mitt Romney should the GOP candidate win the presidential election.
“Mitt Romney’s fantasy that Senate Democrats will work with him to pass his ‘severely conservative’ agenda is laughable,” Sen. Reid said in a statement.
“Mitt Romney has demonstrated that he lacks the courage to stand up to the tea party, kowtowing to their demands time and again. There is nothing in Mitt Romney’s record to suggest he would act any differently as president,” the statement added.
But you know what? The idea that Sen. Reid doesn’t want to accomplish anything shouldn’t surprise anyone. Indeed, as majority leader, it has been more than 1,200 days since Reid’s senate has passed a budget.
And do you know what has happened since then? Federal debt per household has risen by a whopping $43,000, as the following chart from the Senate Budget Committee Republican staff under Ranking Member Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) clearly illustrates:
Good job, guys.
Final Thought: Remember how Democrats went on and on about Sen. Mitch McConnell’s (R-Ky.) remarks about denying President Obama a second term?
How much you want to bet Sen. Reid gets a pass for vowing to stonewall Mitt Romney?
Follow Becket Adams (@BecketAdams) on Twitter
Front page photo source courtesy the AP.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 540 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 494 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 474 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 331 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 303 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 150 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 197 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 136 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Afghan Taliban attack aid group, 2 guards killed
- NBC to air Blake Shelton's benefit for Oklahomans
- Bowie Young takes early lead on short course
- Feds look for temporary fix after I-5 collapse
- News Corp. OKs poison pill, buyback before split
- Toronto mayor says he doesn't smoke crack cocaine
- Damage reported from magnitude-5.7 quake in Calif.
- Patrick: Another Indy 500 'less and less likely'