‘When Did You Turn Into a Waffler?’: Bill O’Reilly Takes on Geraldo Over Fox News Libya Blow Up
Bill O’Reilly took on fellow Fox News host Geraldo Rivera over his explosive Benghazi confrontation on “Fox & Friends,” demanding to know when he turned into a “waffler.”
Rivera got into a shouting match with Fox News’ Eric Bolling Friday morning, accusing him of “misleading the American people because you want to make a political point” by attacking President Barack Obama.
“You’re wrong on the wrong side of this and here’s why,” O’Reilly told Rivera on “The O’Reilly Factor” Friday night, pointing to documentation that U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens and others had asked the State Department for additional security in August, a month before Stevens and three others were killed.
“You are not one of these touchy-feely, politically correct liberal people on these issues — surely you’re upset that the State Department of the United States would not protect their own. Surely you are,” O’Reilly said.
Rivera said Obama has been “absolutely slandered on this story, he’s been called a liar and a murderer.”
” — not by anybody here and not by rational people,” O’Reilly cut in.
Rivera said he thinks the president is owed an apology and held that Obama did everything he could to protect the personnel in Benghazi, and that there is no reason to criticize him for what happened the day of the attack.
He did, however, call it a “fair question” about why Stevens wasn’t given more security.
“That’s a fair question and that’s why I believe there should be vigorous hearings to determine whose idea was it to keep our people in harm’s way with so little help,” Rivera said.
He said it was also fair to question U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice’s television appearances after the attack when she said the best information indicated it was due to an anti-Islam web video.
“That also deserves severe inspection because I believe there are real valid questions about whether or not to protect the president’s image as ‘Bin Laden killer’ they spun an act of terrorism into an act of vandalism,” Rivera said.
Rivera agreed with O’Reilly that Obama should have immediately held a press conference to answer about what happened, but said it wouldn’t do much because of the required secrecy for the national security issues at stake.
“He’s running away from it because it would hurt him in the election,” O’Reilly declared.
“I just think we have lost some good people under really tragic circumstances that need really to be vigorously investigated, but it’s not a political issue,” Rivera insisted.
“When did you turn into a waffler?” O’Reilly demanded. “When did that happen?”
“It’s not — Bill, I am a war correspondent,” Rivera said. “I am a war correspondent, I’ve been in combat in Benghazi, Libya.”
Watch below, via Mediaite:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 508 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 459 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 443 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 324 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 323 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 252 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 146 Comments
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Lenovo says quarterly profit up 90 percent
- Japan stocks dive after benchmark bond yield spike
- Malaysian charged with sedition, 2 more arrested
- 2011 jail breaks become political issue in Egypt
- Asia shares slide, Nikkei down 7.3 percent, as Japan bond yields rise, China factories weaken
- Japan bond yields jump following Fed comments
- Submerged structure stumps Israeli archaeologists
- Police: Car bomb kills 12 in southwest Pakistan