‘When Did You Turn Into a Waffler?’: Bill O’Reilly Takes on Geraldo Over Fox News Libya Blow Up
Bill O’Reilly took on fellow Fox News host Geraldo Rivera over his explosive Benghazi confrontation on “Fox & Friends,” demanding to know when he turned into a “waffler.”
Rivera got into a shouting match with Fox News’ Eric Bolling Friday morning, accusing him of “misleading the American people because you want to make a political point” by attacking President Barack Obama.
“You’re wrong on the wrong side of this and here’s why,” O’Reilly told Rivera on “The O’Reilly Factor” Friday night, pointing to documentation that U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens and others had asked the State Department for additional security in August, a month before Stevens and three others were killed.
“You are not one of these touchy-feely, politically correct liberal people on these issues — surely you’re upset that the State Department of the United States would not protect their own. Surely you are,” O’Reilly said.
Rivera said Obama has been “absolutely slandered on this story, he’s been called a liar and a murderer.”
” — not by anybody here and not by rational people,” O’Reilly cut in.
Rivera said he thinks the president is owed an apology and held that Obama did everything he could to protect the personnel in Benghazi, and that there is no reason to criticize him for what happened the day of the attack.
He did, however, call it a “fair question” about why Stevens wasn’t given more security.
“That’s a fair question and that’s why I believe there should be vigorous hearings to determine whose idea was it to keep our people in harm’s way with so little help,” Rivera said.
He said it was also fair to question U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice’s television appearances after the attack when she said the best information indicated it was due to an anti-Islam web video.
“That also deserves severe inspection because I believe there are real valid questions about whether or not to protect the president’s image as ‘Bin Laden killer’ they spun an act of terrorism into an act of vandalism,” Rivera said.
Rivera agreed with O’Reilly that Obama should have immediately held a press conference to answer about what happened, but said it wouldn’t do much because of the required secrecy for the national security issues at stake.
“He’s running away from it because it would hurt him in the election,” O’Reilly declared.
“I just think we have lost some good people under really tragic circumstances that need really to be vigorously investigated, but it’s not a political issue,” Rivera insisted.
“When did you turn into a waffler?” O’Reilly demanded. “When did that happen?”
“It’s not — Bill, I am a war correspondent,” Rivera said. “I am a war correspondent, I’ve been in combat in Benghazi, Libya.”
Watch below, via Mediaite:
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,030 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 462 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 434 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 309 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 248 Comments
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- How Can God Let Tragedies Like the Okla. Tornado Exist? Pastors Weigh In 130 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 223 Comments
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- Here are the 5 Most Interesting Moments from Tuesday’s Hearing on the IRS Scandal Read More
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth 132 Comments
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- North Korea sends leader's special envoy to China
- Early vote points to close race as LA picks mayor
- Straily, Cespedes push A's past Rangers 1-0
- Spurs blow late lead, beat Grizzlies 93-89 in OT
- Apple case seen as possible spur to tax action
- Bernanke testimony to be studied for policy clues
- North Korean leader sends 'special envoy' to China
- State media shows NKorea has new military chief