‘When Are We Gonna Get Some F**king Help?’: Furious Residents Confront Bloomberg
Furious New York City residents confronted Mayor Michael Bloomberg during an unannounced trip to the Rockaways on Sunday, demanding more aid for their storm-ravaged neighborhood after Hurricane Sandy.
“When are we going to get some help out here, seriously, when are we gonna get some help?” one woman screamed at the mayor in a confrontation caught on camera. “We’ve been out here f–king seven days! Seven f–king days…when are we gonna get some f–king help?”
“There’s old ladies in my building that got nothing. Nothing,” one man exploded.
Content warning — strong language
The New York Post reported Bloomberg’s security team held the residents back. The mayor spoke to cameras afterward and said “everybody’s working as hard as they can” after the storm.
“They’ve done a masterful job, there’s an enormous amount still to be done and they’re going to keep working,” Bloomberg said. “People are always not gonna get as much things as they want as fast as they want, this was a tremendous storm and they’re going to keep working on it.”
According to the Post, more than 25,000 customers in the Rockaways were still without power Saturday, and full restoration could take two weeks.
“I spoke to many people who were worried, frustrated and cold,” Bloomberg said back at city hall. “There’s no power there and temperatures are dropping. Even those who have generators are having a hard time getting fuel.”
He called the falling temperatures “dangerous” and said the city was providing 25,000 blankets to the neighborhood.
“You’ve got to understand people’s frustration,” Bloomberg said. “They’re cold, they’re tired, they lost a lot. Sometimes we all get a little bit overanxious, if you will.”
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 488 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 474 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 464 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 370 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 330 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control Read More
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 194 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 100 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer 107 Comments
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 120 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Video: Introducing ‘ConservoTax,’ the first tax software made for Republicans
- Watch the other hand: Immigration reform advances under cover of scandals
- Bill O’Reilly counts calories, orders salad at fried-food restaurant
- ‘Middle class champion’ Elizabeth Warren joins Senate Millionaires Club
- Matt Drudge calls MSNBC host ‘squirrely’…
- Iran's Rafsanjani blasts clerics, says report
- Kerry Kennedy, farmworker protest Wendy's in NYC
- Hurricane forecast: Another busy Atlantic season
- UK police: 2 more arrests linked to hacking death of British soldier in London.
- Google to add Galapagos Islands to Street View
- Pritzker's ties to thrift, tax haven eyed
- Writer Chinua Achebe honored in Nigeria funeral
- Shareholder adviser firm paying $300,000 fine