Breathtaking Footage Shows the Moment a Plane Crashes into a Moving Vehicle in Texas
When William Davis asked his wife Kandy to record his first solo round-trip flight, he probably didn’t think the video would make national news. He also probably didn’t think he would crash into a moving car.
At Northwest Regional Airport in Texas over the weekend, Davis was landing his plane when he collided with a moving SUV. Miraculously no one was killed, but officials are still trying to determine how exactly it happened.
According to reports, cars aren’t supposed to drive in that area when planes are taking off and landing.
“When cars cross that area they are supposed to stop and wait for any airplanes,” Deputy Chief Gilbert Caldwell of the Roanoke Fire Department explained. “Either the plane didn’t see the car or the car didn’t see the plane.”
Here are some still shots from the breathtaking video:
“We couldn’t see anything at all, and then… all of a sudden… equipment was falling into the car,” Heather Laudo, one of the two people in the car at the time, remarked:
According to WFAA, it’s unclear whether Heather Laudo and her husband Frank even knew what hit them.
In the aftermath of the crash, airport manager Glen Hyde can be heard on Kandy Davis’ recording yelling, “Is anybody hurt?”
Hyde grabbed his first aid kit and ran to the Laudos’ vehicle. He immediately asked them whether they saw the stop sign… or the approaching plane.
“Whatever that is, it fell. Whatever that it is it hit our car,” they said.
“That is the landing gear,” Hyde responded. “You got hit by an airplane.”
“I know that!” Heather Laudo said in the recording.
“Why did you pull out if front of an airplane, is what I wanna know?” Hyde asked.
“We didn’t see it,” Frank Laudo said.
“We didn’t pull out in front of an airplane,” Heather Laudo added.
“Yes, you did!” Kandy Davis said. [Emphasis added]
Davis is thankful no one was killed in the accident, but won’t be making the same mistake twice. Though he’s apparently only a few weeks away from obtaining his pilot’s license, Davis said he probably won’t be flying again any time soon.
“Things like that make you reconsider what is important and what could have happened,” he concluded. “I have a young daughter and a wife, and they need me to be there to take care of them.”
Here’s the unbelievable video:
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 508 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 459 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 443 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 324 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 323 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 251 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 146 Comments
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Lenovo says quarterly profit up 90 percent
- Japan stocks dive after benchmark bond yield spike
- Malaysian charged with sedition, 2 more arrested
- 2011 jail breaks become political issue in Egypt
- Asia shares slide, Nikkei down 7.3 percent, as Japan bond yields rise, China factories weaken
- Japan bond yields jump following Fed comments
- Submerged structure stumps Israeli archaeologists
- Police: Car bomb kills 12 in southwest Pakistan