Obama Spokeswoman Vigorously Denies Romney Could Win PA: ‘Not Based in Reality’
Obama deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter during a Monday broadcast of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” vigorously denied reports that Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has made inroads in Pennsylvania, an important swing state.
“Well, Mika, I’ve been listening to the conversation over the past couple of minutes,” said Cutter in response to co-host Mika Brzezinski noting that some of the polls “are looking a little too close for comfort,” “and I think that lots of points have been made about how this is really — one, it’s a race to 270 electoral votes — but the polls that matter are the polls that are happening in the states.”
“You know, it’s a close race, there is no doubt about that, but we have the advantage in critical states like Ohio. You know, no Republican’s ever won the White House without going through Ohio. And we feel pretty good about where we are right now,” she added.
Brzezinski took a moment to point out that the map can always be redrawn.
Cutter agreed, but flatly stated that the idea of Gov. Romney taking Pennsylvania is “not based in reality.”
“Obviously, you guys are concerned enough about Pennsylvania that you’re sending Bill Clinton in there and Joe Biden’s been in there,” said host Joe Scarborough. “So, you say it’s not based in reality. There is an outside shot Romney can win there, right?”
“Well, I don’t think it’s possible, Joe,” Cutter replied. “I mean, you know, we’re sending Bill Clinton in there because we’re not going to take anything for granted.”
And for the Obama campaign’s sake, they better not. Indeed, as MSBC’s Andrea Mitchell noted later on Monday, if Team Obama loses Pennsylvania, it’s “all over for the president”:
Final Thought – For your consideration:
Follow Becket Adams (@BecketAdams) on Twitter
(H/T: Mediaite). Front page photo source courtesy the AP.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 525 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 465 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 453 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 335 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 324 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer Read More
- This Is How Texas Politicians Are Fighting Against the Atheist-Led ‘War on Christmas’ Read More
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 272 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 147 Comments
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 116 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Father of man shot in Boston probe shares regrets
- 20 killed in 2 simultaneous car bombs in Niger
- West Bank and romance prominent in 'Omar'
- German opposition party marks bittersweet 150th
- Oil down to near $93 on Chinese recovery concerns
- UK official: Suspects part of previous probes
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recovery
- For Philadelphia bicyclist, a cat is his co-pilot