Obama Spokeswoman Vigorously Denies Romney Could Win PA: ‘Not Based in Reality’
Obama deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter during a Monday broadcast of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” vigorously denied reports that Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has made inroads in Pennsylvania, an important swing state.
“Well, Mika, I’ve been listening to the conversation over the past couple of minutes,” said Cutter in response to co-host Mika Brzezinski noting that some of the polls “are looking a little too close for comfort,” “and I think that lots of points have been made about how this is really — one, it’s a race to 270 electoral votes — but the polls that matter are the polls that are happening in the states.”
“You know, it’s a close race, there is no doubt about that, but we have the advantage in critical states like Ohio. You know, no Republican’s ever won the White House without going through Ohio. And we feel pretty good about where we are right now,” she added.
Brzezinski took a moment to point out that the map can always be redrawn.
Cutter agreed, but flatly stated that the idea of Gov. Romney taking Pennsylvania is “not based in reality.”
“Obviously, you guys are concerned enough about Pennsylvania that you’re sending Bill Clinton in there and Joe Biden’s been in there,” said host Joe Scarborough. “So, you say it’s not based in reality. There is an outside shot Romney can win there, right?”
“Well, I don’t think it’s possible, Joe,” Cutter replied. “I mean, you know, we’re sending Bill Clinton in there because we’re not going to take anything for granted.”
And for the Obama campaign’s sake, they better not. Indeed, as MSBC’s Andrea Mitchell noted later on Monday, if Team Obama loses Pennsylvania, it’s “all over for the president”:
Final Thought – For your consideration:
Follow Becket Adams (@BecketAdams) on Twitter
(H/T: Mediaite). Front page photo source courtesy the AP.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 591 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 520 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 497 Comments
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 392 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 336 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 324 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 279 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 151 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 117 Comments
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California Read More
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Gas cylinder blast on Pakistan school bus kills 17
- Late turnovers doom Heat in Game 2 loss, 97-93
- Pacers steal Game 2 from Heat, 97-93
- Official: 2 dead after Angel Flight crashes in NY
- Militants attacks kill 9 in Pakistan
- Trucker bumps I-5 bridge, sees horror behind him
- Penguins rip Ottawa 6-2, move to conference finals