Oops: NBC Accidentally Publishes Election Results Showing Obama Win
MSNBC* apparently published a test-page for Tuesday’s election results by accident, calling the election for President Barack Obama, Politico’s Dylan Byers reports.
While the “Presidential results” show GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney winning the popular vote 55-43 percent, the chart shows President Obama winning the election with 280 electoral votes to Romney’s 257.
While MSNBC may be excited to proclaim Obama’s victory, the network may want to wait until the votes are counted.
*Update (4:18 p.m. ET): Dylan Byers of Politico issued the following correction to his article: “An earlier version of this post attributed the maps to MSNBC, because NBCNews pages are currently hosted on MSNBC.com. The map belongs to NBC, not MSNBC.”
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 887 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 351 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 326 Comments
- CNN Poll: Obama’s Approval Rating Unchanged Since Scandals Hit 245 Comments
- Report: Obama Administration Apologizes for Another National Security Leak 214 Comments
- Here’s the Inspirational Story of an American Flag Hanging Amid the Oklahoma Tornado’s Destruction Read More
- Beck and Mercury One Head to Oklahoma to Launch Tornado Relief Effort Read More
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 194 Comments
- Israeli Motorists Shocked When Nazi Flag Seen Flying Near Palestinian Mosque Read More
- Treasury Sec. Ready to Deploy ‘Extraordinary Measures’ as U.S. Hits Debt Limit (Again) Read More
- ‘In the End, Everything Will Be Claimed’: Creator of First 3D-Printed Gun Highlights Creeping Gov’t Control of Technology Read More
- Sebelius’ Controversial Fundraising Efforts Raise Concerns, Allegedly Chase Away Potential Donors Read More
- See All the Viral Backlash Abercrombie & Fitch Has Received for Its CEO’s Comments From Years Ago That Resurfaced Again Read More
- Is This the ‘Smoking Gun’ That Ties the IRS Scandal to the White House? 189 Comments
- Man Catches Record-Setting, 128-Pound Python With His Bare Hands Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds Read More
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- Woman Who Lost All Limbs to Flesh-Eating Bacteria Gets $200K Bionic Arms Read More
- Why Are These Zoo Keepers Baffled by This Anteater’s Babies? Read More
- Tuesday morning must-reads
- Oklahoman: ‘Have mercy — once again — on Oklahoma, O Lord!’
- Who Has More Viewers…President Obama’s Weekly Address Or The Daily Blazecast?
- Most people don’t think the DOJ was trying to bully the media by secretly taking reporters’ phone records
- Greta Van Susteren says DOJ ‘lucky’ they didn’t hack her emails
- Golf adopts rule to ban anchored putting stroke
- Oman proposes ban on niqab veils for women drivers
- France: Drugmaker on trial, suspected in deaths
- Teen star Zendaya finishes 1st on 'Dancing' finals
- Group: More Afghan women jailed for 'moral crimes'
- Chelsea tops AP poll after winning Euro title
- Reports: Iran bars 2 top figures from June ballot
- Tunisia announces 3 cases of coronavirus, 1 death