Spike TV Issues $10 Million Reward for Irrefutable Evidence of Bigfoot (Plus the Latest Viral Vid)
Spike TV is offering “the largest cash prize in television history” for evidence that leads to the existence of Bigfoot once and for all.
The reward of $10 million is part of the channel’s new, one-hour reality show – 10 Million Dollar Bigfoot Bounty – on which teams will seek out the illusive, rumored creature. According to Spike TV’s announcement, the reward is underwritten by Lloyd’s of London.
10 Million Dollar Bigfoot Bounty will include scientists, zoologists, seasoned trackers and actual Bigfoot hunters hoping to prove the existence of Sasquatch.
Tim Duffy, Spike TV’s senior vice president of original series, said in an interview with The Huffington Post that the reward money is “no small chunk of change.”
Around the same time this news was announced last week, a new Bigfoot video has gone viral. With more than 2 million views at the time of this posting, the YouTube user Beard Card writes in the video’s description that the sighting occurred while camping in Provo Canyon, Utah. Beard Card wrote, “On our way up, we thought we saw a bear, until the monster stood up and looked right at us. We ran straight to the car after that, leaving our tent and everything behind. It’s probably all still up there.”
Watch this slow motion version of the video:
As one might expect, most of the commenters on the video are calling it a fake, especially because the videographer turns away right as the black mass seems to stand up.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 488 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 474 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 464 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 370 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 330 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 105 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 204 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 105 Comments
- Ariz. Lawmaker Surprises Colleagues, Comes Out as an Atheist While Delivering Daily Prayer 107 Comments
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! Read More
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- Weekly Unemployment Benefits Tumble Read More
- Why Is This German Company Recruiting Tech Staff With Autism? Read More
- House Votes to Speed up Keystone Pipeline: Here’s Everyone Who Voted for and Against It Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 120 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Video: Introducing ‘ConservoTax,’ the first tax software made for Republicans
- Watch the other hand: Immigration reform advances under cover of scandals
- Bill O’Reilly counts calories, orders salad at fried-food restaurant
- ‘Middle class champion’ Elizabeth Warren joins Senate Millionaires Club
- Matt Drudge calls MSNBC host ‘squirrely’…
- Iran's Rafsanjani blasts clerics, says report
- Kerry Kennedy, farmworker protest Wendy's in NYC
- Hurricane forecast: Another busy Atlantic season
- UK police: 2 more arrests linked to hacking death of British soldier in London.
- Google to add Galapagos Islands to Street View
- Pritzker's ties to thrift, tax haven eyed
- Writer Chinua Achebe honored in Nigeria funeral
- Shareholder adviser firm paying $300,000 fine