‘A Message to My Rapist’: YouTube Beauty Sensation Posts Shock Warning to Dad Featuring Her and Her Guns — Is It Real?
Brie Lybrand, a self-described “beauty guru” from New Orleans, released a shocking video titled “A Message To My Rapist” after her father subscribed to her popular YouTube channel.
Completely different than her past videos, which have had names like, “Sephora October Shopping Haul!” or “New Job Clothing Haul!” the clip has roughly 90,000 views since being released about a week ago.
Completely make-up free and with a shaky voice, Lybrand says this is a “different” kind of video than what she normally makes.
Trying to control her voice, Lybrand explains:
“I just got an email from You Tube saying the man that raped me for most of my life subscribed to me. The man that took my virginity, robbed me of innocence, has subscribed to me on You Tube and is watching my videos.”
Starting to cry, she continues:
“I never got to testify in court against this man, and I never got to say what it’s like, what it feels like, being tied up and chained and tortured for hours when you’re four years old by your father. My father Steven Bressler molested, tortured, and raped me from the time I was four until I was thirteen years old.
“He tried to kill my mother in front of me many times. One night she laid over my body so he couldn’t and he beat her teeth in, took them all out of her mouth, and I watched my mother in a pool of her own blood. And then he came after me.”
Saying that she got her father out of her life when she was thirteen, Lybrand rhetorically asks if he wants to know what her life has been like since, why he is subscribing to her videos?
She says most people who had such a horrifying past don’t turn out like she did, that she was cheerleading captain in high school and had a “good boyfriend.” Ironically, she says, her father was the one who got her into acting so that she could escape the reality of what he did to her.
Lybrand then proceeds to say she has three guns– one that she keeps by her bed, one that she keeps in her purse, and a pink revolver for good measure– in case her father ever comes after her again.
She then opens the revolver and shows that it’s loaded, concluding, “because you’re never going to touch me again.” Lybrand also says her father re-married, saying the woman’s name, before wondering what kind of person the new wife is.
Lybrand adds defiantly that she has grown up to be a “great woman” who teaches kids, wanting to give them a better world than she ever had at that age.
Gawker notes that some have questioned the veracity of the video, noting that Lybrand has a background in acting and that it’s strange that she went to YouTube instead of the police. Moreover, in one of her previous videos, Lybrand mentions visiting her family.
However, it’s possible that at age 13 Lybrand didn’t have the wherewithal to go to the police, and just wanted to move on. Regarding her family, Lybrand mentions in “A Message to My Rapist” that she still has a good relationship with her mother, brother, and grandparents , and it’s possible she could have been visiting them.
Here is the entire, 12-minute video:
(H/T: Daily Mail)
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 436 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 418 Comments
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 369 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 320 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 266 Comments
- ‘Unbelievable’: Apparent Thief Leaves $140 & Apology Note on Family’s Doorstep — Find Out Why Read More
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 126 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 133 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 120 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 234 Comments
- Here are the 7 Most Explosive & Informative Moments from Today’s IRS Hearing Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 245 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 114 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- WW II photo-documentarian Wayne Miller dies at 94
- Broke no laws, IRS official says _ then takes 5th
- Zach Johnson always feels good at Colonial
- House passes GOP bill to speed pipeline approval
- HP's 2Q offers hope even as revenue slump deepens
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Mexico cartel dominates, torches western state
- Union power at issue as Garcetti elected LA mayor