Did Obama Really Wipe Away Tears During His Emotional Final Campaign Rally?
On Monday evening, in one of his final appeals to voters, President Barack Obama delivered an emotional speech in Des Moines, Iowa. In front of an audience of supporters, he expressed his gratitude for those who have fervently supported him. Of particular note was a moment during which he touched his face — an action many media outlets have attributed to wiping away tears.
“You welcomed me and Michelle into your homes,” Obama told the audience, delivering his words with raw emotion. ”You inspired us.”
The president went on to express gratitude for the support that young people and old, alike, have given him over the years. Obama told his supporters that they have given him new hope for America’s future.
“I want to take this opportunity to say one thing to all the young people and not so young people who have given so much to this campaign over the years,” he continued. “Those of you who haven’t done this just for me — but for each other. For a laid off family member, for a sick child, for a fallen friend. To all of you who have lived and breathed the hard work of change — I want to thank you.”
It was while thanking the audience that Obama lifted his left hand and touched his face. Watch his comments, below and look for the moment during which the alleged tear-wiping unfolds:
What do you think — was the president wiping a tear or merely itching or touching his face? Let us know in the comments section.
Update: An image posted by The Associated Press does, indeed, show a tear streaming down the president’s face. What do you think — does this confirm it?
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- Shock Video Surfaces: Meat Cleaver-Wielding Man Shouts ‘You People Will Never Be Safe!’ Moments After Gruesome London Attack 508 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 470 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 420 Comments
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 391 Comments
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 365 Comments
- ‘I Swear I Will Kill You…F**k You’: Conservative Comedian Gets Death Threats Following Anti-Muhammad Video 110 Comments
- ‘We…Aren’t Going to Take S**t From Homophobes’: Mysterious Pro-Firearm Ads Use Gays, Seemingly Topless Lesbians to Rail Against Gun Control 207 Comments
- Beck Issues Challenge to People of Faith in Wake of Okla. Tornado: ‘What Have You Done?’ Read More
- ‘Islamic Jihad, Islamic Jihad!: Michelle Malkin Rips Progressives, Clashes With Lib Radio Host Over Islamic Terrorism and the London Machete Attack 142 Comments
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 104 Comments
- Emails Released: Congress Was Asking for Updates on IG’s IRS Audit Before 2012 Election Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 129 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Quick's LA Kings put Sharks on brink with 3-0 win
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash
- Actress Bynes arrested in NYC on marijuana charge
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapses in NW Wash
- 6 Wyeth paintings fetch $2M at NYC auction
- I-5 bridge collapses in NW Wash.; people in water
- Japan's PM Abe defends policies as markets settle
- Francona manages at Fenway for 1st time since 2011