James Carville’s (Conservative) Wife Proclaims: ‘The Only Angry White Men I Know Are Liberals’
Opposites certainly do attract. Case-in-point: Democratic strategist James Carville and Republican consultant Mary Matalin. The two, despite sharing massively divergent political views, were married back in 1993. Matalin appeared on CNN Tuesday morning, where, considering her husband’s views, she spouted a controversial claim — that “the only angry white men” she knows “are liberals.”
The conversation, which was moderated by anchor Suzanne Malveaux, focused upon South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, who said this year that Republicans are “losing the demographics race.” Additionally, Graham said that the party isn’t bringing in enough “angry white guys” to sustain itself.
Matalin, clearly responding to this claim and Malveaux’s question (whether the GOP needs to be doing more to diversify) highlighted her views on race and ethnicity in detail.
“The only angry white men I know are liberals. Conservatives are for all Americans,” she explained.
Donna Brazile, a Democratic contributor to CNN, interrupted to note the irony underlying Matalin’s comments (Carville, her husband, is very obviously a liberal).
“You’re married to one,” Brazile joked, with Matalin agreeing and then continuing on with some statements about the Republican Party’s handling of race issues.
“They’re not for hyphenating Americans, we’re not dividing Americans,” she continued. “We think women and Hispanics and African-Americans have suffered particularly under this non-recovery — the worst recovery in history and that women and Hispanics and African-Americans and all Americans want an opportunity to have some upward mobility.”
Watch the dialogue, below:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 480 Comments
- Why Were DHS Agents Seemingly Monitoring Multiple Tea Party IRS Protests Across the Country on Tuesday? 422 Comments
- Confusion Erupts in IRS Hearing After Lois Lerner Tries to Plead the 5th — Watch It All Unfold 385 Comments
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Has Awkward Moment With Okla. Tornado Survivor After Asking If She ‘Thanked the Lord’ 306 Comments
- More Than $1 Million Raised Through Mercury One for Oklahoma Tornado Relief 266 Comments
- Comedian’s New Anti-Muhammad Video Excoriates Islamic Prophet, Juxtaposes Him with Jesus: ‘Very Wrong and Twisted’ 113 Comments
- Teacher Admits She ‘Prayed Out Loud’ During Violent Tornado: ‘I Did the Teacher Thing that We’re Probably Not Supposed to Do’ 112 Comments
- Farrakhan Talks of ‘Satanic Jews’ and ‘Synagogue of Satan’ at Detroit Church Speech — but Wait Until You Hear Who Was in Attendance 216 Comments
- Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Helping Change Americans’ Views on Gay Marriage Read More
- ‘Death! You F**k!’: Bat Mitzvah Chaperone Unleashes Explosive, Profanity-Laced Tirade Against Kids Over Candy-Throwing Incident Read More
- Foreign Banks Operating on U.S. Soil Have Just Set a Record Read More
- The Tense Exchange Between Rep. Trey Gowdy and the Former IRS Head You’ve Been Waiting for…and It Doesn’t Disappoint 198 Comments
- Report: No IRS Workers Have Been Disciplined & Union Says It Hasn’t Been Contacted on Personnel Read More
- Ex-Cincinnati IRS Manager: This Was Not the Work of ‘Low-Level’ Employees Read More
- China Sets off What Could Be the World’s Longest Demolition Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 113 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- Inaugural tournament cut to 54 holes
- One block: How neighbors saw twister's deadly path
- Jennifer Lopez to open cellphone stores
- Kerry: US, allies ready to step up aid to rebels
- A divided Fed wrestles with when to slow bond buys
- Obama to honor Carole King at White House concert
- Twitter adds security measure to logins
- Key House chairman slams Senate immigration bill