Poll Watchers ‘True the Vote’ Thrown Out Of Columbus, Ohio
The anti-voter fraud organization “True the Vote” has been unceremoniously kicked to the curb in its efforts to observe the voting process in Columbus, Ohio, according to a story posted by the Washington Post:
Local volunteers with the tea party-linked organization True the Vote were rejected as poll watchers by county officials Tuesday amid questions about how the volunteer applied to monitor the polls.
Ohio law allows permits groups of at least five candidates to assign poll observers, but candidates backing the group withdrew their support when charges surfaced Monday that candidate names had been falsified or copied on forms requesting observer status, according to the Columbus Dispatch.
Catherine Engelbrecht, president of True the Vote, told the Dispatch that the rejection was “a final, desperate attempt to deny citizens their right to observe elections.”[...]
People who complained to the Franklin County Board of Elections about the group said True the Vote volunteers were told at recent training sessions to use cameras to intimidate voters when they enter the polling place, record their names on tablet computers and attempt to stop questionably qualified voters before they could get to a voting machine, the Dispatch reported.
The Dispatch story records several other irregularities in voting in the crucial swing area of the crucial swing state. True the Vote’s rejection is the second rejection of right-leaning poll watchers noted today, after Philadelphia judges initially attempted to keep GOP poll watchers out of Philadelphia polling places. This decision was later reversed.
- Obama Doesn’t Return Marine’s Salute, Shakes Hand Instead — Is This a Protocol Misstep? 451 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 399 Comments
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) 361 Comments
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 320 Comments
- This Could Be the Most Haunting Statistic You’ll Ever See 275 Comments
- Priest Gunned Down by Italian Mobsters Now Beatified Read More
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 169 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? 102 Comments
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich 105 Comments
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 121 Comments
- ‘My Life Is Full of Blessings’: Flesh-Eating Bacteria Victim Who Lost All Limbs Smiles as She Shows Off New Bionic Hands Read More
- LOOK: Woman Claims to Have Photographed UFO in California 130 Comments
- Lion Named ‘Bonedigger’ and Small Dog Make Most Unlikely Companions Read More
- Rocket Bike Sets Land Speed Record — and Uses a Fuel You Wouldn’t Expect Read More
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- Report: New controversy at scandal-scarred Rutgers
- 2 rockets hit Lebanese Hezbollah stronghold
- Spurs take 3-0 lead, beat Grizzlies 104-93 in OT
- Cain stops Bigfoot in 1st round, defends UFC title
- Blackhawks beat Red Wings 4-1 to stay alive
- Suspected rebels kill 28, wound 24 in east India
- Search for pilot in deadly NY Angel Flight ongoing
- QB Golson no longer enrolled at Notre Dame