While it’s difficult to discern tone on Twitter, there are some potentially-troubling messages coming from apparent supporters of President Barack Obama. Throughout the day, detractors have taken to the social network to pledge decisive action if Republican Mitt Romney wins. Among the promises should this purportedly-inconceivable event unfolds are promises to “loot,” “rich white dude[s],” and “riot.”
Twitchy captured a plethora of these bizarre, troubling and overtly concerning messages from anti-Romney Twitter users. Here’s just one of the threatening notes that was sent earlier today:
In addition to potential looting at a local Walmart and robbing of neighbors, there were other appeals for violence and negative behavior.
“If Romney wins there’s going to be a 2012 riot … Let the looting begin,” another Tweet reads. And yet another gives a more vague assessment: “If Romney wins the amount of looting that’s gonna happen is gonna be crazy.”
Here are just a few more of the bizarre messages flying around the Twittersphere (spelling for each message is kept in tact):
- “If Romney wins I’m robbing the first Republican I see”
- “If Obama loses, I’m comin up. I’m stealing from Best Buy. TVs, DVD players all that sh*t just like all the rest of pissed off ni**as”
- “If obama don’t win im robbing a liquor store tonight”
- “If Romney Win Umaaa Really Start Stealing Sh*t Walk In Stores Filling Up Carts And Walkin Out”
- “If Obama ( Which He Will ) dont win im robbing wal-mart stocking up on food before Romney take food stamps.”
Read the entire list of disturbing Tweets here.
From the breaking news you need to know to the hottest trends circling the Web, TheBlaze has it all. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Periscope.