Financial Experts Weigh in on Obama’s Re-Election: Higher Taxes, More Printing… ‘This Is Not Going to Be Good for the Country’
While many Americans are celebrating President Barack Obama’s victory over Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, a few Wall Street analysts warn that now is the time to get serious about the economy.
Financial legend Jim Rogers, for example, said during an Election Day interview with CNBC that there is little reason to be euphoric over the outcome of the election.
“I’m seeing and listening to everybody talk about politics instead of what are we going to do and what’s going to happen to the country,” Rogers said, “I tell you, this is not going to be good for the country. It’s more of the same old stuff. More money printing, more high debt … if they raise taxes, which everybody seems to think they will, raising taxes has never been good for the economy.”
“We should be worried about 2013 and 2014,” he added. “I see a lot of happy people tonight. Call them up in 2013. Call them up in 2014.”
And on Wednesday morning, Pimco co-founder Bill Gross (“Mr. Bond”) also said that a second term for President Obama will naturally involve higher taxes.
“Obama ran on a higher-tax agenda,” Gross said during a “Squawk Box” interview.
“Marginal income taxes go from 35 to 40 (percent), capital gains from 15 to 20, dividends from 15 to who knows what … so they could go high, high and higher,” added, noting that the election gives the president a “a larger bargaining chip” to push Republicans into accepting higher tax rates.
Gross and Rogers are not alone in their belief that America’s economic future will involve tax increases.
“We believe taxes are going to go up,” said Ron Florance, managing director of investment strategy at Wells Fargo Private Bank.”If you can, pay taxes this year vs. next year. We are recommending doing that. Normally we encourage delaying taxes.”
Florance notes that the dividend tax isn’t the only thing that will see an increase.
“The estate tax environment is going to change dramatically,” he said. “You have six weeks to get this done. The estate taxes will not be this favorable for the rest of our natural lives. So for clients in that bracket, this is a pretty critical six weeks.”
Follow Becket Adams (@BecketAdams) on Twitter
- Financial Guru Jim Rogers: ‘When I Look Ahead, I Don’t See Good Things’ & Neither Candidate Will Change That
- Noted Analyst: The U.S. Is Like a Meth Addict When It Comes to Debt & We Could End Up Like Greece Soon
Front page photo source courtesy the AP.
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- White House: ‘Irrelevant Fact’ Where Obama Was During Benghazi 348 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 271 Comments
- CNN Poll: Obama’s Approval Rating Unchanged Since Scandals Hit 241 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 220 Comments
- Beck and Mercury One Head to Oklahoma to Launch Tornado Relief Effort Read More
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 163 Comments
- Israeli Motorists Shocked When Nazi Flag Seen Flying Near Palestinian Mosque Read More
- Did Christian Prayers at Gov’t Meetings in This NY Town Violate the Constitution? 177 Comments
- ‘In the End, Everything Will Be Claimed’: Creator of First 3D-Printed Gun Highlights Creeping Gov’t Control of Technology Read More
- Sebelius’ Controversial Fundraising Efforts Raise Concerns, Allegedly Chase Away Potential Donors Read More
- See All the Viral Backlash Abercrombie & Fitch Has Received for Its CEO’s Comments From Years Ago That Resurfaced Again Read More
- Is This the ‘Smoking Gun’ That Ties the IRS Scandal to the White House? 182 Comments
- Monday Morning Market Roundup: Not Off to Such a Great Start Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds Read More
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- Woman Who Lost All Limbs to Flesh-Eating Bacteria Gets $200K Bionic Arms Read More
- Why Are These Zoo Keepers Baffled by This Anteater’s Babies? Read More
- Largest Lunar Explosion in NASA History Caught on Video 139 Comments
- Who Has More Viewers…President Obama’s Weekly Address Or The Daily Blazecast?
- Most people don’t think the DOJ was trying to bully the media by secretly taking reporters’ phone records
- Greta Van Susteren says DOJ ‘lucky’ they didn’t hack her emails
- Media Matters has no idea what to do with itself right now
- Caption that photo!: the winner
- In tornado's wake, worried parents seek out kids
- Chinese fishing boat, crew released by North Korea
- Head of embattled G4S security force retires
- Justin Bieber's monkey to become German property
- AP photographer describes destroyed Okla. school
- Former IRS commissioner heads to Hill amid scandal
- Policy, discretion guide media sources probes
- Roadside bomb kills 6 policemen in Afghanistan