What Was the Giant Pulsating Orange Disc Over the River Thames Monday Night?
A disc-shaped orb was seen floating over the River Thames near London Monday night, confusing some onlookers. But if they looked closer they would see it wasn’t a UFO but a promotional stunt for the next edition of the popular video game Halo.
Microsoft’s Xbox 360 celebrated the release of Halo 4 with this “Halo 4 Glyph,” which it states in its announcement was one of the “largest and brightest man-made structures to ever fly over a capital city.”
Take a look at the official trailer of the glyph’s flight:
The glyph measured 50 feet in diameter and weighed more than three tons. It was flow by a helicopter.
“’Halo’ launches are renowned for being entertainment game-changers and we are back with our most ambitious projects to date,” Chris Lewis, Vice President, Interactive Entertainment Business, Microsoft EMEA, said in a statement. “Last week we created a replica of the “Halo” universe within the heart of Europe. This week we have one of the worlds’ largest and brightest performance art objects being flown over London.
“The Glyph flyover makes the seemingly impossible world of science fiction a reality, a 50 foot symbol of the Didact hovering in the skies of a major capital city, seems a fitting way to herald the next chapter of this phenomenal blockbuster franchise.”
The glyph was made by a team of more than 50 people over the span of eight weeks. It included 455 LED light strips on 37 panels, which totaled more than 113,000 lights using 20 kilowatts of power. Although the glyph was flown, the lights were remote controlled by a boat following it in the river.
Check out this footage of the glyph taken from a further distance away:
(H/T: Daily Mail)
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 1,000 Comments
- ‘The Daily Show’ Creator Makes Outrageously Offensive Anti-Conservative Joke About Okla. Tornado 442 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 394 Comments
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 293 Comments
- Piers Morgan and Bill Nye Speculate on Climate Change’s Role in Deadly Okla. Twister 197 Comments
- Is This Video of Pope Francis Performing an Exorcism? Read More
- Boston Cardinal Snubs Irish PM Over Abortion Support Read More
- Incredible: The Moment a Woman’s Dog Emerges from Rubble During TV Interview Right After She Describes Losing Him 165 Comments
- See the First Behind-the-Scenes Photos as Beck and Mercury One Survey the Damage in Okla. 196 Comments
- Here’s the Inspirational Story of an American Flag Hanging Amid the Oklahoma Tornado’s Destruction Read More
- Jay Carney Shifts IRS Timeline (Again!) Read More
- Top IRS Official at Center of Political Targeting Scandal Will Plead the Fifth Read More
- Disgraced IRS Interim Chief Now Fully Admits Knowledge of Planted Question (but Did It Reveal a Past Half-Truth?) Read More
- Ex-IRS Chief: I Have no Idea How This Conservative Targeting Happened Read More
- Treasury Sec. Ready to Deploy ‘Extraordinary Measures’ as U.S. Hits Debt Limit (Again) Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ Read More
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- How a $4.5 Million Network of 181 Sirens Helped Save Lives in Oklahoma Twister Read More
- See the Record-Setting Python a Man Caught With His Bare Hands (and Guess How Much It Weighed) Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds 104 Comments
- New Egypt tax law: cuts for poor, business hikes
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- JPMorgan's Dimon survives shareholder referendum
- Clippers won't offer Del Negro new deal as coach
- Stocks gain on reassurance from a top Fed official
- Lawyer: No background check done on Jackson doctor
- AP photographer sees kids pulled from Okla. school
- The pope and the devil: Is Francis an exorcist?