Chris Christie Congratulated Obama by Phone After Election — ‘Exchanged Emails’ with Romney
In October before Hurricane Sandy, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie criticized Obama, pointing out his “massive leadership failings” to Romney supporters in Virginia. After Sandy struck, Christie himself was seeing criticism after he praised Obama for his response to the disaster. Now, Christie has been courteous to the president again, giving him a congratulatory phone call after his re-election was announced.
Bloomberg reported Christie recalling to reporters at the National Guard Armory in Franklin Township that he exchanged pleasantries with Obama via phone after Tuesday’s results.
“We didn’t have a political strategy discussion. I said, `Congratulations on your win last night, Mr. President,’ and he said, `Thank you,’” Christie said. As for GOP candidate Mitt Romney, Christie has only connected with him via email.
“No; we exchanged e-mails last night. We haven’t spoken on the phone yet,” Christie said when asked about his contact with Romney after the election, according to Bloomberg.
Last week, TheBlaze reported that Christie might have been Romney’s first pick for vice president before he decided officially upon Paul Ryan. The report, initially by Politico, stated that there were many reasons that Christie might have fallen “further from favor in Romney’s inner circle,” including his speech at the Republican National Convention, which some thought focused more on himself and less on Romney.
Fox News reporter Rick Levanthal brought up Christie’s praise for Obama last week as well:
“While people understand your commitment to the people of New Jersey and the need to get them help, some have questioned where you are now with your endorsement of Mitt Romney.”
To this Christie said: “This is the kind of silliness that, that really drives me crazy. Listen, I was the first governor in America to endorse Mitt Romney. I endorsed him 13 months ago, I traveled all around the country for him, I raised millions of dollars for him, I spoke at literally dozens and dozens of rallies for him. And I did that because I thought when I endorsed him that he was the best person to bring America back its jobs, its economy and its greatness in the world.”
(H/T: Daily Mail)
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 497 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 457 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 448 Comments
- Anti-Gay Bias or Fair Punishment? New Details Emerge About High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor 336 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 323 Comments
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ Read More
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Church vs. State Complaint Leads City to Remove Christian Crosses on Water Tower — Now See What They’ve Been Replaced With 173 Comments
- Faith-Healing Parents Charged With Murder for Refusing Kids’ Medical Care — Should They Go to Prison? 109 Comments
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 114 Comments
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 130 Comments
- Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ‘Midnight Gunslinger’ Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy Read More
- Britain braces for possible copycat attacks
- Truck in Wash. span collapse hauled drilling equip
- Cyclist tests positive for EPO, risks life ban
- 18 hurt in shuttle bus crash near Atlanta airport
- US: Czech slaying suspect killed relatives
- NKorean envoy delivers letter to China's president
- China, Switzerland to seal free trade deal
- Defending champ Keselowski tries to build on title