Hillary Clinton Asked to Testify on Benghazi by House Committee
Now that the 2012 election is in the past, Republicans’ focus will return in full force to the Benghazi terror attack that left four Americans dead. To this end, Republican-led House Foreign Affairs Committee asked Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to testify at an open hearing on November 15.
While the State Department responded that Clinton will be traveling abroad during the time of the hearing, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper and Matt Olsen, director of the National Counterterrorism Center, are slated to testify. Now former CIA Director David Petraeus was also supposed to testify, but he will not longer do so following his resignation.
Clinton is reportedly scheduled to travel to Singapore, Australia, Thailand, Burma and Cambodia while the hearing will take place.
The Senate Intelligence Committee also plans to hold a closed-door hearing the same day, according to spokeswoman Victoria Nuland.
At a House hearing before the Nov. 6 elections, Republicans said President Barack Obama’s administration failed to provide adequate diplomatic security before the Benghazi attack and sought to play down the role of terrorists afterward. Democrats defended the administration’s performance and said Republicans were seeking to exploit the attack for political gain.
Clinton, meanwhile, vowed to keep good on her promise to increase security at U.S. diplomatic outposts.
“We now have a formal Accountability Review Board investigating the terrorist attack that killed Chris, and we will certainly apply its recommendations and lessons learned to improving security everywhere,” Clinton said during a tribute to Stevens at the Carnegie Institution for Science in Washington.
The issue is that the chairman of the Accountability Review Board, U.S. diplomat Thomas Pickering, has come under suspicion for being sympathetic to Islamist causes.
Meanwhile, author Ed Klein believes the Clintons are rallying their lawyers in the event the Secretary of State is subpoenaed. Some believe Clinton when she claimed that she did order additional security for the Benghazi compound and that the request had “not been carried out.”
With talk of Hillary Clinton stepping down from her post, it is possible that she may be more outspoken about the administration’s handling of the deadly terror attack come 2013.
A Fox News report with Rep. Jason Chaffetz on this issue is featured below:
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- ‘Bigoted, Religious [Zealots]‘: High School Senior Allegedly Expelled, Charged With Felonies Over Gay Relationship With ‘Consenting’ Fellow Student 829 Comments
- White House: ‘Irrelevant Fact’ Where Obama Was During Benghazi 348 Comments
- Washington Times Writer: Fox News Scandal Goes ‘Much Deeper,’ W.H. Sitting on Something Top Obama Aides ‘Terrified’ About 264 Comments
- CNN Poll: Obama’s Approval Rating Unchanged Since Scandals Hit 241 Comments
- Report: Obama Administration Apologizes for Another National Security Leak 214 Comments
- Beck and Mercury One Head to Oklahoma to Launch Tornado Relief Effort Read More
- University Will Investigate Christian Professor’s Intelligent Design Class Following Atheist Furor 161 Comments
- Israeli Motorists Shocked When Nazi Flag Seen Flying Near Palestinian Mosque Read More
- Did Christian Prayers at Gov’t Meetings in This NY Town Violate the Constitution? 177 Comments
- ‘In the End, Everything Will Be Claimed’: Creator of First 3D-Printed Gun Highlights Creeping Gov’t Control of Technology Read More
- Sebelius’ Controversial Fundraising Efforts Raise Concerns, Allegedly Chase Away Potential Donors Read More
- See All the Viral Backlash Abercrombie & Fitch Has Received for Its CEO’s Comments From Years Ago That Resurfaced Again Read More
- Is This the ‘Smoking Gun’ That Ties the IRS Scandal to the White House? 181 Comments
- Monday Morning Market Roundup: Not Off to Such a Great Start Read More
- This Teen’s Invention Means You Could Charge Your Cellphone in Less Than 30 Seconds Read More
- One of the Most Unlikely Animals Being Trained to Hunt Land Mines Read More
- Woman Who Lost All Limbs to Flesh-Eating Bacteria Gets $200K Bionic Arms Read More
- Why Are These Zoo Keepers Baffled by This Anteater’s Babies? Read More
- Largest Lunar Explosion in NASA History Caught on Video 139 Comments
- Who Has More Viewers…President Obama’s Weekly Address Or The Daily Blazecast?
- Most people don’t think the DOJ was trying to bully the media by secretly taking reporters’ phone records
- Greta Van Susteren says DOJ ‘lucky’ they didn’t hack her emails
- Media Matters has no idea what to do with itself right now
- Caption that photo!: the winner
- Committee nears final big immigration decisions
- Senate to debate crop insurance in farm bill
- Senate panel nears final big immigration decisions
- White House says more farm subsidy cuts needed
- Should we let wunderkinds drop out of high school?
- Anti-IRS protest planned at Ohio federal building
- Slow pokes: Acupuncture helps hypothermic turtles
- Roadside bomb kills 6 policemen in Afghanistan