Viral Video of the Day: Military Dad Dresses Up as Darth Vader and Crashes Son’s ‘Star Wars’-Themed Birthday Party
If Darth Vader showed up at your 5-year-old self’s birthday party, what would you do? Pull out your trusty light saber, of course.
This is exactly what Aiden Whyte did, but he soon found out it wasn’t an enemy inside the black cape and behind the hooded mask.
The Military Times reports Boatswain’s Mate 1st Class (SW) Justin Whyte had been away from his family for months, but when it became apparent he could come home for a few days for his son’s birthday party, his wife set to scheming. Susie Whyte told the Times she enjoys putting together surprises.
After giving Vader a good run with his light saber, mom says Aiden should take off the villain’s mask. At this point, the Aiden and his sister, dressed as Princess Leia, tackle Justin with hugs.
Watch the heartfelt surprise for yourself:
The video was taken at the party in May, but was posted last week on the Welcome Home Blog. On the blog, Susie stated that Justin had been away for three months prior to this surprise.
The Times states that Justin is now deployed in the United Arab Emirates with Coastal Riverine Squadron 11 and is expected to return home soon.
- Returning Soldier Shocks Daughter With Surprise Birthday Visit During Her Kindergarten Class Presentation
- Company Brings the Star Wars-Like Hover Bike You’ve Always Wanted One Step Closer to Reality
- We Dare You Not to Cry: Boy With Palsy Greets His Solder Father by Walking to Him for the First Time
- Updated: Disney Buys Lucasfilm for $4.05B, Announces Plans for New Star Wars Movies
Benghazi, IRS, AP...What's next? Only TheBlaze TV offers the truth from Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, and Real News from TheBlaze. Get instant access and a free trial here.
- John McCain Lectures Tea Party Senator on How ‘Business’ Gets Done in Congress: ‘That’s What We’ve Been Doing for a Couple Hundred Years’ 520 Comments
- Boy Scouts of America Vote to Allow Gay Members 483 Comments
- Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate: ‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’ 466 Comments
- Piers Morgan Bans Dana Loesch From His Show Following Twitter Spat: ‘Show Some Bloody Respect’ 324 Comments
- ‘War in London Tonight’: Rioters Clash With Police Over ‘Cleaver’ Terror Attack (Plus: Read About Hero Mother Who Reportedly Confronted Killers) 294 Comments
- Game-Changing Bombshell? There’s a Major Twist in the Story About a High School Student’s Lesbian Relationship With a Minor Read More
- Is the Boy Scouts’ Gay Amendment the ‘Beginning of the End’ for the Group? (Plus: Tell Us Where You Stand) Read More
- MSNBC Hosts Martin Bashir and Chris Hayes Claim London Machete Killers Aren’t Terrorists: ‘These Are Just Murderers’ 123 Comments
- Did You Catch the Possibly Policy-Changing Ft. Hood Reference in Obama’s Terror Speech? Read More
- Dem. Rep. Apologizes for Attending ‘Racist, Anti-Semitic and Homophobic’ Speech Read More
- Have You Had Scotch at a NJ TGI Friday’s Lately? You Might Have Been Drinking Rubbing Alcohol Read More
- Venezuelan President Blames Toilet Paper Shortage on the Rich Read More
- This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years Read More
- Disney Makes Absolutely Mortifying Photoshop Mistake Read More
- Trey Gowdy at It Again — This Time with a Jack Bauer Reference! 116 Comments
- How 3D Printing Technology Created a Special Part for Baby’s Windpipe and Saved His Life Read More
- 6 Fascinating Spy Gadgets You’ll Probably Want (and Can Have) After Seeing Read More
- How Would a 3D-Printed Shotgun Slug Hold Up? Here’s the Test Read More
- The Incredible Role Facebook Played in the Aftermath of Devastating Okla. Tornado Read More
- Tech Company Demonstrates Remote Disabling of a ‘Smart Gun’ 131 Comments
- 'Horrified' trucker watches I-5 bridge collapse
- Obama OKs honor for Birmingham bombing victims
- Suspect in killing of officer found dead in cell
- Ex-Guatemala president extradited to US
- Delta ups the ante in battle for NY travel market
- Man charged with stalking Jennifer Lawrence's kin
- A-Rod sells Miami Beach home for $30M
- Snooki: NJ Gov Christie 'just doesn't like us'